A&H

Kick ball with no boot

The Referee Store
Hmmm, this goal shouldn't have stood then. Played the ball twice after losing his boots. I thought I was right.

Hmmm, this goal shouldn't have stood then. Played the ball twice after losing his boots. I thought I was right.

both touches looked pretty immediate to me

depends how you want to interpret 'immediately' i guess, Dan, though, for the record, immediately is not defined as something that happens just once

Again , credit to this site , if a player kicked the ball without a boot on I would have given a IFK

Always Learning :)

Hypothetical then.
Striker hanging near centre circle and onside, opponents pushing high so that 2TLD is in the attacking half. Sudden turnover is punted into the striker's attacking half, so that the striker would be free to run at goal, and would be 1vGK. In the process of turning to chase, their boot comes off.
How far would you consider to be "immediately playing the ball"/how far would you let them run? Does the proximity of the defenders bear on this decision?

The old Q&A had the 'playing without a boot' scenario. Of course it didn't cover every possibility, but it stated that you'd allow him to kick the ball because it's unfair to punish him for something accidental like that.

So following from that, why couldn't he run 50m with the ball to shoot? I see no reason to.

Personally, I think he has up until the end of that phase of play. But, the moment a defender is within challenging distance, I'd be blowing for PIADM. Similarly, he couldn't challenge an opponent for the ball. Same with boot but no shinpad.

The old Q&A had the 'playing without a boot' scenario. Of course it didn't cover every possibility, but it stated that you'd allow him to kick the ball because it's unfair to punish him for something accidental like that.

So following from that, why couldn't he run 50m with the ball to shoot? I see no reason to.

Personally, I think he has up until the end of that phase of play. But, the moment a defender is within challenging distance, I'd be blowing for PIADM. Similarly, he couldn't challenge an opponent for the ball. Same with boot but no shinpad.
I thought the same lines: he's fine to play until it becomes a risk, then he's got to give it up or have an IFK called.
And thanks for pointing out the related situation with a missing shinpad. I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

For me there is no time limit on how long he can play without a boot after it coming off occidentally, although he should be putting it on fairly quickly. However, as soon as there is another player is nearby or challenging, stop play and IDK against him for dangerous play.

Back