A&H

Keith Stroud

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Feared the worst when I saw the teamsheets, BUT, he was awesome today, a few feisty tackles, no histrionics, handled everything brilliantly. I know he’s had issues in the past but he did great today... defiantly give him 9.5/10......any other thoughts on the little maestro 🤔

The Referee Store
Referee tonight for Boro v Preston. I’d strongly consider that to be one of the worst refereeing displays I’ve seen in the EFL. Ayala red card I can see the reasoning but after that he lost his control. Missed a stone wall penalty for Preston, second goal was offside, shirt pulling around the pitch breaking up counter attacks for both sides with no bookings, Preston kicking the ball way at every opportunity, only the one booking, Woodgate jumping into the Preston bench to grab a ball with arguments starting at the side of the pitch, It was a mess of a display

Referee tonight for Boro v Preston. I’d strongly consider that to be one of the worst refereeing displays I’ve seen in the EFL. Ayala red card I can see the reasoning but after that he lost his control. Missed a stone wall penalty for Preston, second goal was offside, shirt pulling around the pitch breaking up counter attacks for both sides with no bookings, Preston kicking the ball way at every opportunity, only the one booking, Woodgate jumping into the Preston bench to grab a ball with arguments starting at the side of the pitch, It was a mess of a display
DOGSO or SFP?

I take it Stroud didn't have to get jiggy with Law 14 then?
Wasn't it Stroud who took the recent verbal onslaught from Ashley Barnes, with he and Anthony Taylor happy to tolerate it?

DOGSO or SFP?
DOGSO I’d say. Not sure I’d be sold on SFP but the tackle was reckless and if he gives the foul, the red has to be given

My frustration is in this screenshot though. This is the point the challenge is made, referee isn’t even shot and he’d had to see through 2/3 bodies. He’s guessed, pure and simple

Attachments

• EDAB2ECE-87B1-4065-987E-D0C17F03CA50.png
    EDAB2ECE-87B1-4065-987E-D0C17F03CA50.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
DOGSO I’d say. Not sure I’d be sold on SFP but the tackle was reckless and if he gives the foul, the red has to be given

My frustration is in this screenshot though. This is the point the challenge is made, referee isn’t even shot and he’d had to see through 2/3 bodies. He’s guessed, pure and simple
He was very late on the whistle, my guess is the AR got involved.

Purely based on that image, yes, where is the ref?
If the games too fast for him then he should not be out there at all

What even time was this?

No excuse for not being in screen shot

Purely based on that image, yes, where is the ref?
If the games too fast for him then he should not be out there at all

What even time was this?

No excuse for not being in screen shot
This was roughly on 60 minutes

In his defence. It was a misplaced pass about 40 yards out which started a counter attack but I don’t agree that a decision can be made from that position

This was roughly on 60 minutes

In his defence. It was a misplaced pass about 40 yards out which started a counter attack but I don’t agree that a decision can be made from that position

You would still expect him to be at least in screen shot,
When this happens, and we realise we are not going to be up with play, for me, its more important to sacrifice distance, and instead get an angle.

I can smell the sour grapes from outside Villa Park where I am just now! Leave our Keef alone, he’s only ickle!

Back