A&H

Juventus v Roma penalty

spuddy1878

RefChat Addict
Anyone see it ?

Roma player brought down ref gives a penalty and a second later Roma put the ball in an empty net.

One of those real tough ones but the referee probably made the right call.

The Referee Store
Messy. From the initial angle it looked a pen, but the second angle they show looks like defender has got the ball.

From that second angle the Roma 77 looks to have committed a handball offence in sweeping the ball back to Abraham with his right hand.

edit - was initially looking at the potential foul on Abraham that he’s appealing for.

Why did it take so long to check for the offside? Obvious in real-time the last touch before the offside decision was a great challenge.

Can't wait and see as looks like Mkitarayan handles it after being brought down.

Messy. From the initial angle it looked a pen, but the second angle they show looks like defender has got the ball.

mom that second angle the Roma 77 looks to have committed a handball offence in sweeping the ball back to Abraham with his right hand.

The foul is on the gk I think. Accidental handball leading to a teammate scoring goal, but that's not supposed to be an offense anymore.

Top level ref should hold his whistle there, but he was probably distracted communicating with his ar who had incorrectly put the flag up when the defender played the ball on that tackle. Then he saw the pk and blew the whistle having lost awareness of the situation.

There was clear encroachment form both teams and both impacting the rebound. I have no idea why VAR didn't pick this up for a retake

Screenshot_20211018-093830__01.jpg

Damned if you do and damned if you don't situation..
If he hits that over the bar the advantage has accrued.
Advantage = benefit to attacking side.
The benefit is a better chance to score a goal than a penalty. Miss that, is anyone really going to give, and yes I will say it, that 2nd bite of the cherry?

Back