A&H

Just Wondering?

MattyL7

Level 7 Referee
Hey guys, as I have mentioned before, my basic referee course started this week.

1 question I did have afterwards....

Why did YOU want to be a referee?

This was one of the introductory questions we had to answer in front of the group. Personally I am currently a player and am looking for a new challenge.

There was about 25 of us on the course and 23 people said it was the money that was the reason they wanted to start.

Just thought that was a bit strange? Saying that I was nearly the eldest one there and I'm only 25. Most below 18.

Now its your chance to answer......

The Referee Store
Couldn't play anymore, but still wanted to stay involved in the game. Money was never the issue for me, started refereeing and loved it. Just wish my knee wasn't goosed as I'd still be reffing now :(

it gave me a 2nd chance to be involved in football at a higher level

Never knew you got paid untill th course!
I always figured I have more of a chance of being an 'international' referee than an 'international' player!

Like Reffari, I was much more likely to go to the professional level as a referee than as a player (I'm not a very good player!) But that will involve having to move to a country with professional referees so in the next 10 years, look for me in one of your CFAs ;)

Back