A&H

Just checking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdsman

I'm fairly sure that I know the answer to this, but always good to check for sure :)

Defender takes a goal kick short to the goalkeeper, who has gone out of the penalty area in order to receive it. If the GK then takes the ball back into the area and picks it up, that's a backpass - right??

Can't imagine why it wouldn't be, but question from a coach got me questioning myself!
Thanks...

The Referee Store
Thanks for your useful reply Russell. I did search for previous posts about my specific query, but could not find an answer... only comments about circumventing back pass laws... please do enlighten me!

I'm fairly sure that I know the answer to this, but always good to check for sure :)

Defender takes a goal kick short to the goalkeeper, who has gone out of the penalty area in order to receive it. If the GK then takes the ball back into the area and picks it up, that's a backpass - right??

Can't imagine why it wouldn't be, but question from a coach got me questioning myself!
Thanks...

I think I'm trapped in a Dr Who type loop in the space time continuum ..... :eek::confused:

i cant help feeling its all connected somehow....
we were still querying it after the game when our keeper did it, and when i mentioned what our thoughts were on here to him at the weekend just gone, he said he'd also raised the issue somewhere with a coach, possibly his sons coach, but that would have been in essex.... haha maybe its gone viral !
hey ho, anyways ive got a question about a keeper receiving a ball from a goal kick, outisde the area, dribbling it back in and picking it up again, so i must go and post that :confused:

the general conclusion was that it was deemed to be a backpass, resulting in an IDFK, but with no caution for USB...
think that was accepted by the majority as correct in law
for the record, if i didnt put it in the original post, the referee on the day just told us to carry on and that there was nothing wrong with what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back