A&H

Junior Referees for Iber Cup

Daniel

Hello All,

We are still looking for a couple of "junior referees" for the Iber Cup 2014 (www.ibercup.com)

Junior referees are young officials, level 9 to 7) who have recently started refereeing and would like to experience working in one of the world's top youth football tournaments alongside more experienced referees. They will be used mainly in 7-a-side games (up to U12s) and on the line or as 4ths in some others games.

The Iber Cup is currently one of the most prestigious youth tournaments refereeing wise as it sees the participation every year of teams from 50+ nations, many professional sides included (such as Juventus, Atletico Madrid, PSG and others) as well as FIFA and Premier League referees.

If you are interested or want to know more please post here or send me a private message.

Oh, we are also looking for assessors !

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Hello, do you have any specific questions? general info are: referees pay ONLY for travel + participation fee (£25), food and accommodation in school complez are offered free of charge. Coaching with FIFA/UEFA/Premier League instructors also free of charge. Local transport free of charge.

One week long (1-7 July), number of games: 2-3 per day, 20 minutes halves so lots of free time too

Spain instead is 4 days long (25-28 June) and about the same number of games. It's also possible to do both tournaments as most refs will travel together from one to the other.

Ok, next year we might have different rules (at least for Portugal) as we will be working in closer coordination with The FA in selecting referees. We will see.

If you know any other person who might be interested, feel free to send him/her my way as we would be able to accommodate a few more people

Can ask around.
Joshua

The West Riding County FA are sending a group of referees to the Portugal tournament as are a number of the local Referees Associations. My local RA are sending two referees and a coach (me) to the Spain tournament. As Daniele says, you cover the cost of getting there and a small admin fee and the rest is paid for you. You will need a small amount of spending money as you will be kept busy! if you need any support when you are out there, my group will be happy to help.

Ok Brian Thanks Very much.
Just gotta get time of school now!
& a reply from bobby

Ok Brian Thanks Very much.
Just gotta get time of school now!
& a reply from bobby
Yes, you need the RDOs help getting your international clearance. Without that you are not allowed to officiate any football outside of England. It doesn't take long and is a relatively straight forward process.

Yes, you need the RDOs help getting your international clearance. Without that you are not allowed to officiate any football outside of England. It doesn't take long and is a relatively straight forward process.
Emailed him Yesterday, just waiting for a reply.
Blo*dy hell flights are expensive! £300-400! well theres my match fees for the next few months gone! but to be fair i've gotta bring my "responsible adult"

Got it to 175 now! Just out of interest do I need a guardian? If so do they need to book their own accommodation?

You do not need one provided that your parents/guardians sign a waiver which says we have no responsibility over you during the week as we cannot control you 24/7

Back