A&H

Jesus - VAR

The Referee Store
Why am I bothering to spend my cash to watch VAR ruin the game for fans

Absolute passion killer

No point celebrating anymore

Handball law is also a bag of ****e

Although this is correct in law, if I give that decision on a Sunday morning it’ll be followed by at least 3 players in the sun bin

People complained for years about refereeing decisions. Now people complain about VAR, but they can't complain, you can't create a monster and then have a moan that it is a bit horrible.

It hit LaPorte's arm, so under the current law it has to be disallowed.
You honestly think anyone would’ve complained if that was allowed?

They had to slow that down massively to detect the ball brushing his arm.

If the error can’t be picked up by a real time replay they should stick with the on-field decision.

You honestly think anyone would’ve complained if that was allowed?

They had to slow that down massively to detect the ball brushing his arm.

If the error can’t be picked up by a real time replay they should stick with the on-field decision.

But that isn't VAR protocol. Every goal is checked for any possible offence, so that will always be disallowed.

Whether that is right or not is a totally different discussion, but as it stands at the moment they got it correct.

But that isn't VAR protocol. Every goal is checked for any possible offence, so that will always be disallowed.

Whether that is right or not is a totally different discussion, but as it stands at the moment they got it correct.
The original post was asking for people’s views on VAR and the handball law.

Michael Oliver and the VAR did exactly what they were required to under the protocol. None of my posts were criticising of them but a criticism of this protocol itself which I’m surprised people are defending.

Think we’re on a slippery slope with current VAR protocols, even Oliver looked sheepish.

Was that moment (or several minutes) good for football? Did it produce a fair outcome? Is the game now all about the referee, more specifically, VAR?
Is that last statement, a referee's everyone's worst scenario?

Last edited:
God the victim complex is strong!!
New handball law is killing the game but Sterling diving for pens last year was fine... Okay

Last edited:
Was that moment (or several minutes) good for football? Did it produce a fair outcome? Is the game now all about the referee, more specifically, VAR?
Is that last statement, a referee's everyone's worst nightmare?

It produced the correct outcome under the current laws, surely that is what people wanted from VAR. Whilst the handling wasn't necessarily spotted at the time it would have been subsequently and then people would have been onto the referee, if not on here then certainly on other forums and in the press.

I just don't really get what people expect. If a goal is scored and there is any offence in the build up to it then it will be disallowed, I'm not really seeing why this is coming as any kind of surprise.

It produced the correct outcome under the current laws, surely that is what people wanted from VAR. Whilst the handling wasn't necessarily spotted at the time it would have been subsequently and then people would have been onto the referee, if not on here then certainly on other forums and in the press.

I just don't really get what people expect. If a goal is scored and there is any offence in the build up to it then it will be disallowed, I'm not really seeing why this is coming as any kind of surprise.
I see what you’re saying but it’s a bit of a difficult justification (correct outcome under the laws) when it’s not implemented for other objective law infractions.

Mainly referring to keepers coming off line at penalty kicks/encroachment.

I think they need to get rid or at least seriously reconsider the protocol.

Back