A&H

Inside Video Review Week 8 - MLS VAR

The Referee Store
What do we think of the caution that the referee stuck with for the boot to the head?

Like the referee said, player had his eyes on the ball during its flight. The defender has ducked down to hip height to head the ball, thus putting his head in a stupid area, something you wouldn't expect. There was no excessive force or brutality. It wasn't like the classic Mane one where he jumped and stilled kung fu kicked the player in the head 7ft off the ground.

Then on the other hand, he has kicked him in the head :rolleyes:

Whatever the decision, the referee will be wrong

Like the referee said, player had his eyes on the ball during its flight. The defender has ducked down to hip height to head the ball, thus putting his head in a stupid area, something you wouldn't expect. There was no excessive force or brutality. It wasn't like the classic Mane one where he jumped and stilled kung fu kicked the player in the head 7ft off the ground.

I would rather see red here. But I don’t know I would say yellow is clearly wrong.

You would have to be 8 feet tall for that to be considered hip high. Either that or be 2 feet off the ground which this seems to be the case. I am on a red camp for this. Lack of intention (eye for the ball) does not nullify SFP.

If anyone couldn't tell by the accent, the referee for the foot to the head incident is the Irish former FIFA referee Alan Kelly.

Back