A&H

In or Out

Should referees have their shirts tucked into their shorts whilst refereeing

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Referee Store
worms can an opening of a. Is your moderation button ready it might be in full use:)

Just don't understand why most of you need to tuck it in.........its not a dress shirt....its a sports tee! Whatever you're comfortable with.......and I agree with Trueman .......does it really effing matter

I thought this was a Brexit debate when I first saw it!!! That would have been a shut it now thread!!!

Reactions: one
But we're not all top flight Miley, not even you!

So why are the top guys tucking in? Because its what you do. Your league game at your level, IS your EPL/SPL delete as appropriate, we cant all be the part, but, we can all, globally, look the part, and that's half the battle.

and I have done my time at the top flight and I can assure you as dubious as my ability was, presentation was immaculate as per world cup final. Am also sure had me, or a colleague not been up to presentation standard, the other folk on the game would have soon sorted us out!

worms can an opening of a. Is your moderation button ready it might be in full use:)

I've deliberately put it here to keep it away from multiple other topics. Doesn't mean it is a free for all though, normal forum rules still apply.

So why are the top guys tucking in? Because its what you do. Your league game at your level, IS your EPL/SPL delete as appropriate, we cant all be the part, but, we can all, globally, look the part, and that's half the battle.

and I have done my time at the top flight and I can assure you as dubious as my ability was, presentation was immaculate as per world cup final. Am also sure had me, or a colleague not been up to presentation standard, the other folk on the game would have soon sorted us out!
Sartorial elegance on a football pitch.........I think not....you need to be comfortable in what you wear to give 100%; if tucked floats your boat, great. Just don't impose an unnecessary standard on others......personal choice Cyrus, personal choice.

It’s about creating the right impressions.....a smartly turned out ref, looking neat and tidy will immediately project an air of competency and confidence, whereas some bloke with his shirt hanging out (normally over an extensive overhang) with their socks halfway up their legs doesn’t project the same image.

It’s about creating the right impressions.....a smartly turned out ref, looking neat and tidy will immediately project an air of competency and confidence, whereas some bloke with his shirt hanging out (normally over an extensive overhang) with their socks halfway up their legs doesn’t project the same image.
Did you do my last assessment @Padfoot?

I've "fought" my whole life to avoid shaving, to avoid wearing a suit, to wear trainers, to not iron T-shirts etc. And I risked detention every school footy game by untucking my shirt after kick off...

But, as a referee, I think you have to tuck it in. It's part of your presence and directly affects control.
Alas, there are no Glenn Hoddles with whistles, as much as we might think it.

I've "fought" my whole life to avoid shaving, to avoid wearing a suit, to wear trainers, to not iron T-shirts etc. And I risked detention every school footy game by untucking my shirt after kick off...

But, as a referee, I think you have to tuck it in. It's part of your presence and directly affects control.
Alas, there are no Glenn Hoddles with whistles, as much as we might think it.
How on earth does it affect your control? Never ever affected mine!

Go on I dare you....do a match with your shirt out and then report back about how you lost all match control........or not as this the more likely scenario...
I went to dinner with my shirt out last night. I had to sleep in the dog house last nigh after we came back home :)

Back