A&H

Paper copy of LOTG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technology is the means. Root cause can never be the technology.
If you try to drive a nail into a piece of wood using a spanner (or even a Brocken hammer) and it's not working, would you be blaming the tool?
exactly my point...

The Referee Store
Hi Rusty Ref

Thanks for the reply....
One completely understand your points of view...However..

1. Will you be comfortable with electronic money??
2. Robots caring for you when you are sick, frail and can no longer manage your own affairs?
3. Expected to manage everything online.. even when you are unable to remember passwords or how do perform such tasks??
4. Perhaps the reality of the digital world could be what is exactly important??
.. a persons credit score??

Goodness me..... Finally... Thank you.. However still no book

1. Yes. I can't remember the last time I paid for anything with cash and use my watch to pay for pretty much everything in person or credit card for online.

2. Yes, they will probably do a better job as AI evolves.

3. Yes, I use a password manager and have a unique and complex password for every site I have an account for. Whilst not being one of the younger generation I find it frustrating when I have to pick up the phone as I now do almost everything online.

4. Not really sure what you mean, but the digital World is already here. I work in IT for a financial services company and we have recently released a "bot" for our sales teams that allows them to get all sales history details by asking it a simple question rather than having to trawl for the information. Current information shows that this has reduced the amount of time that sales teams spend on this activity by almost 60%. If someone had suggested we would be doing that as recently as two years ago I would have called them fools.

Digital is being called the third industrial revolution, and it will massively change how we all live and work. Job roles that exist today simply won't exist in 10 years time as they will have been automated, and just like with the previous industrial revolution society will need to adapt to survive.

Back to the OP though, I confidently predict that there will be no hard copy of the LOTG in five years time, and I suspect it will be withdrawn well before that.

1. Yes. I can't remember the last time I paid for anything with cash and use my watch to pay for pretty much everything in person or credit card for online.

2. Yes, they will probably do a better job as AI evolves.

3. Yes, I use a password manager and have a unique and complex password for every site I have an account for. Whilst not being one of the younger generation I find it frustrating when I have to pick up the phone as I now do almost everything online.

4. Not really sure what you mean, but the digital World is already here. I work in IT for a financial services company and we have recently released a "bot" for our sales teams that allows them to get all sales history details by asking it a simple question rather than having to trawl for the information. Current information shows that this has reduced the amount of time that sales teams spend on this activity by almost 60%. If someone had suggested we would be doing that as recently as two years ago I would have called them fools.

Digital is being called the third industrial revolution, and it will massively change how we all live and work. Job roles that exist today simply won't exist in 10 years time as they will have been automated, and just like with the previous industrial revolution society will need to adapt to survive.

Back to the OP though, I confidently predict that there will be no hard copy of the LOTG in five years time, and I suspect it will be withdrawn well before that.

Have you ever had your electronic identity stolen??

I was careful too. My electronic identity was still stolen though..
Hence I have no faith in digital technologies based on both my own personal and professional experiences..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back