A&H

IDFK Verbal offence

callmemyref

When the ball is in play, and there is a verbal offence, where do we have to give IDFK? Where the ball stopped?

The Referee Store
Where the offence occured (unless off the field in which case nearest touch line).

What if attackers were going to the goal inside the penalty area and defender used abusive language ??
If I understand you correctly, at the time abusive language was used attackers were in a promising attack. And you are saying by giving a free kick were the defender was (where the offence occurred), you are disadvantaging the attackers. The solution is pretty simple, you play advantage after the offence. At next stoppage you send the offender off for using abusive language. You restart according to whatever reason the ball went out of play after playing advantage.

What if attackers were going to the goal inside the penalty area and defender used abusive language ??
@one's answer still applies - but only if you decide to stop play for it. If the attackers are bearing down on goal, better to let the attack continue and take action on the verbal offence after the attack has concluded.

Edit: Oops, I see @one beat me to it.

Given your other question, I'd suggest you remind yourself of the simple rules on where all FKs are from.

For any offenses on the field with the ball in play, the FK is from where the offense occurs, except:
  • There can never be a DFK in the attacking PA; they always become a PK
  • There can never be an IFK in the attacking GA; they are always moved to the GA line parallel to the goal line
  • For a defensive IFK in the GA, the team may take the kick from anywhere in the GA (just like a GK)

Once you absorb that, you no longer have questions based on particular offenses.

(Some of the off field offenses get more complicated, but the most important is offenses by one player against another player, where the FK is moved onto the closest spot on the field from where the offense occurred--and if that winds up in the GA/PA, apply the bullets above (but those are rare.)

Given your other question, I'd suggest you remind yourself of the simple rules on where all FKs are from.

For any offenses on the field with the ball in play, the FK is from where the offense occurs, except:
  • There can never be a DFK in the attacking PA; they always become a PK
  • There can never be an IFK in the attacking GA; they are always moved to the GA line parallel to the goal line
  • For a defensive IFK in the GA, the team may take the kick from anywhere in the GA (just like a GK)

Once you absorb that, you no longer have questions based on particular offenses.

(Some of the off field offenses get more complicated, but the most important is offenses by one player against another player, where the FK is moved onto the closest spot on the field from where the offense occurred--and if that winds up in the GA/PA, apply the bullets above (but those are rare.)
Hi,
But if player re-enters the field of play without being involved, that it’s is IFK from the position of the ball. And you are saying all FK’s are where the offence occurred... Am I wrong?

Hi,
But if player re-enters the field of play without being involved, that it’s is IFK from the position of the ball. And you are saying all FK’s are where the offence occurred... Am I wrong?
Yes, except when the law says a different place, such as a penalty kick, or offence in the goal area.

Hi,

I think of that as off-field for my general statement about offenses, as it is someone coming from off the field. And those off the field get more complicated (and IFAB blesses us by putting this IFK location that you reference outside of Law 13, just to make it more confusing).

There can never be an IFK in the attacking GA; they are always moved to the GA line parallel to the goal line
Which is in the attacking goal area. Pedantic of course. Corrected to:

"There can never be an IFK in the attacking GA unless it is moved to the GA line parallel to the goal line."

Back