A&H

Ideas for research

pimesikk

Hi!

I´m a young ref from Estonia and as I am studying in high school, every student must conduct a research (or sth like that) about sth. It is my second year of refereeing and I´m really into it. Therefore, I thought that it would be the perfect topic to research.

Unfortunately, I don´t have any great ideas what the research would be about. I´ve thought about making some kind of questionnaire or interviewing some legendary local referees, but there must be more options.

If you have any ideas or thoughts that you are willing to share, I would be extremely grateful!

The Referee Store
Hi!

I´m a young ref from Estonia and as I am studying in high school, every student must conduct a research (or sth like that) about sth. It is my second year of refereeing and I´m really into it. Therefore, I thought that it would be the perfect topic to research.

Unfortunately, I don´t have any great ideas what the research would be about. I´ve thought about making some kind of questionnaire or interviewing some legendary local referees, but there must be more options.

If you have any ideas or thoughts that you are willing to share, I would be extremely grateful!
What areas are you interested in?

In the biggest leagues there's video technology, AI and how football might be refereed in the future...
What about diving/simulation - is is dealt with enough, are there reasons (press coverage, sensationalism) that make it an important part of the game?
In youth football, great idea above, what is the right age to bring in cards, does the green card work?
In youth football, do the coaches teach kids the laws of the game, why don't kids get taught to do a throw in correctly?
Where are you in Estonia? Come to Helsinki, we have close to 1000 matches a week, we have a great online system for referees, what do you have in Estonia, could you research something that would be valuable to your FA, like how to manage referees/games/data?
On the physical side, what about referee fitness, speed, body mechanics, training, diet?

...all depends what you are interested in...

Could research sin bin trial? How popular is it? How often has it been used in the trials (if ay local to you) how well does it work in other sports etc

Do a comparison between football v rugby refereeing, the differences in the levels of respect, the number of cautions/sending offs, pre match preparation, video technology, does the sin bin work etc You could ask a few refs from each sport for their views etc

What areas are you interested in?

In the biggest leagues there's video technology, AI and how football might be refereed in the future...
What about diving/simulation - is is dealt with enough, are there reasons (press coverage, sensationalism) that make it an important part of the game?
In youth football, great idea above, what is the right age to bring in cards, does the green card work?
In youth football, do the coaches teach kids the laws of the game, why don't kids get taught to do a throw in correctly?
Where are you in Estonia? Come to Helsinki, we have close to 1000 matches a week, we have a great online system for referees, what do you have in Estonia, could you research something that would be valuable to your FA, like how to manage referees/games/data?
On the physical side, what about referee fitness, speed, body mechanics, training, diet?

...all depends what you are interested in...
Thanks for good thoughts! I don´t have a particular favourite topic, but I think fitness of the referees and managing data are the most potential options at the moment. Also, visiting Helsinki is a very interesting idea, I will give it some thought :)

Back