A&H

Ibercup Day 1

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Day 1 of the Ibercup and a trip to one of the fields furthest away called Linda-A-Velha.
From the start it was clear to me and Brayshaw that there would be a few language issues as most of Portugal's finest U9's spoke extremely little if no English making communication a nightmare with hand gestures and carding players being the only options.
Josh started the day at 8:45 (Even if he had to get up at 5:30 and myself at 6) with probably a record of 3 penalties over the game (All 100% correct may I add) and in his second game the penalty flow stopped and had another excellent game managing to make a player cry for issuing a yellow card for a rather blatant bit of simulation (Evil b***ard!!! ;) ).
My first game was at 3PM (Even though I was at the ground all day). Unlike Mr Brayshaw I managed to resist issuing any cautions just with some text mark international hand gestures, my second game straight after had an added bonus, the majority of the players spoke good English allowing me to communicate and more manage more preventing a dismissal for 2 cautions, the one caution for a foul tackle/attempted choke slam with only difference being my player didn't start crying and actually seemed to agree with it (Not that the manager agreed much).

Tomorrow see's the two of us at Estoril for U12's games where I have Inter Milan and Josh has Sporting Lisbon.
Tonight also see's the opening ceremony and hopefully an early night as myself and Josh have had 5 hours sleep in the past 48 hours and are now tired beyond all belief.

To be continued - Tomorrow!

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Back