A&H

How to confuse 22 players?

jmow75

I managed to confuse 22 players during my Saturday match. How? By giving an IDFK for Unsporting behaviour.

Basically ball went out of play and the attacking player threw the ball back into play from about 10 yards from touchline and it came into play about 25yards up field and they gained a big advantage from it has the player would have got a cross in.

The Referee Store
So where did you give the fee kick?
Wouldn't you just get them to take the throw again from the correct place?

I'd have got them to take it again to be honest, or a foul throw is another option

Actually if the throw was taken from the incorrect place then surely it is turned over to the opposing side to take from the correct position?

You can't give an IDFK for that. The offence is failing to throw the ball in from the correct place, so the penalty is reversing the throw in to the opposition.

Think about it as the ball not being in play until it crosses the touch line, so if it came into play a long way from where it should have done the requirements of the throw in law haven't been met, and it is therefore a "foul throw".

Ive managed to confuse 22 players looooads of times, simply by making a hand signal for blue team, but shout ''red throw'' when signaling a thow in :)

I think you should concentrate more on the game that way you will earn the respect from the players and you would not confuse yourself aswell as the players.

I think you should concentrate more on the game that way you will earn the respect from the players and you would not confuse yourself aswell as the players.

Is this in reply to my post? :L If so, its nothing to do with concentrating, simply a moment of confusion! And I don't remember saying anything about respect?:confused: Most players laugh anyway.

If this was not a reply to my post, then please ignore it completley :) .

I played windmills a couple of weeks ago just after half time, because the two players involved in some pushing/pulling were standing like they were in the first half! In the end I just stood on the free kick and talked my way out of it with a big smile of apology and embarrasment. It got a good laugh from the dugouts!! My motto nowadays is "NO SURPRISES". Do what the teams and assessors expext you to do (ie give a foul throw, and explain it as an unfair advantage, and then book the thrower for the torrent of dissent that will surely follow!)

Back