A&H

How Much are Your Ref's Fees?

SpecsSaver66

My local Junior League goes from £12 at under 8s through to £26 for Under 16s who are the oldest age group. No petrol allowances or add ons of course.

The Referee Store
Contrib lines £34 +34p per mile
Supply League middle £65 flat fee
Local Senior Cup £30 +34p per mile

Other competitions it varies. Biggest fee I've ever had was £132 (£100 + miles) for a women's FA Cup 3rd Round Middle.

My Saturday morning is £35, went up from £25 last season iirc.

Saturday afternoon is £37 premier middle, £27 premier line, £30 division 1 or 2 middles. None of this has changed from last season.

Sunday morning is £30/35 depending which league, I try and do alternate weeks. I did youth league last season and that was similar fee.

None of them have expenses.

Oh and biggest fee I've had so far is £78, 160 mile round trip and £32 match fee.

That was when I was AR'ing on a slightly higher league to get my games in for 7-5 earlier this season. Couldn't get AR appointments on my regular Saturday league.

£15 for up to U14
£18 for U15/U16
£20 for U18
£25 for OA
Mileage is 35p/mile on top of all the above.

Vets £30 all in.

In Manchester, u13-u15 are £30 and U16+ is £35. OA: middle= £45, AR=£30. County league AR fee is more than supply league here, so the supply league struggles to find ARs.

Chocolate money here…

18-63€ plus 40cents per km petrol (or bus ticket).

Flagging the 4th tier mens or top U17 the refs get 80, I get that 63. If I drive my ref 100km, which happened a few times last sesson, then the numbers go up.

Sesson starts soon and our online system has some new features to avoid auto assigning distant matches - to save petrol money - but they are trying get parking fees added to the claims system. Progressive.

Step 7 games down here are £34 + 38p a mile (£45 max all in)

Step 5 & 6 are £60 all in for the middle and £40 all in for the line.

Last edited:
U11s-U14s is £30 flat fee
U15s-U16 is £34 flat fee

Amateur mens - £40 going up to £50 next season I believe.

Club Academy Scotland (pro youth)- £35 flat fee all age groups.

Girls football from U16 up to ladies - £40 flat fee.

I get the impression that I do a lot less travelling up here than some do down South. My longest jaunt has been 40mile round trip.

U11s-U14s is £30 flat fee
U15s-U16 is £34 flat fee

Amateur mens - £40 going up to £50 next season I believe.

Club Academy Scotland (pro youth)- £35 flat fee all age groups.

Girls football from U16 up to ladies - £40 flat fee.

I get the impression that I do a lot less travelling up here than some do down South. My longest jaunt has been 40mile round trip.
I am in the north west of England but have never been committed enough to do those kinds of mileages.

Last weekend and tomorrow are both 60 mile round trips down here for me.

I live quite centrally in Cornwall and our step 7 league has a cap of £11 for mileage (38ppm).
It’s rare that my journey doesn’t exceed this!!

Most weeks I’d hit the £11 limit on one leg of the journey.

Last edited:
Last weekend and tomorrow are both 60 mile round trips down here for me.

I live quite centrally in Cornwall and our step 7 league has a cap of £11 for mileage (38ppm).
It’s rare that my journey doesn’t exceed this!!

Most weeks I’d hit the £11 limit on one leg of the
Top marks for your commitment. I hope you get to the level you are hoping for.

Absolutely this. I'm impressed with the time and commitment that some posters put in to their refereeing.

I got in to it too late (37 years old) to make any real progress up the ranks but I still find the younger, more ambitious referees attitudes quite inspiring.

The process of progression looks quite attritional at times with little financial reward (as evidenced by the low fees highlighted on this thread) and lots of hard work which I suppose is a decent barometer for who really wants it most.

Back