A&H

How many have thought of doing this?

The Referee Store
I've been part of a team leading 3-0 at half time on a bitterly cold day (sleeting). Opposition went into changing rooms at half time to get warm and then conceded the game!

You can't force the team to play so just inform them that the League will take whatever relevant action they deem fit and according to the competition rules.

I had a team refuse to play the last 20 minutes as the said that they feared for their safety!!! A bit rich really as they were down to 10 men after a RC for VC!!! With a bit of cajoling etc we finished the full game with 24 minutes extra time!!! I should have asked for OT!!!

Seems a bit extreme, but if what the manager has said is true then this could just be a case of the straw that broke the camels back.

My local Sunday league has a team that wins every game, a couple of seasons ago they only conceded 1 goal, and that was an own goal in a game where I was running the line.

A lot of teams would forfeit their matches with them, because getting beaten 10 or 12 nil isn't fun.

Seems a bit extreme, but if what the manager has said is true then this could just be a case of the straw that broke the camels back.

My local Sunday league has a team that wins every game, a couple of seasons ago they only conceded 1 goal, and that was an own goal in a game where I was running the line.

A lot of teams would forfeit their matches with them, because getting beaten 10 or 12 nil isn't fun.

Sunday league is a lot different to step 6 of the NLS though. I would expect a huge fine and quite possibly points deduction at that level.

Sunday league is a lot different to step 6 of the NLS though. I would expect a huge fine and quite possibly points deduction at that level.
Absolutely, but it was the closest I've come to anything similar.

I'm surprised the whole team managed to leave without anyone noticing before the second half was due to start though.

Absolutely, but it was the closest I've come to anything similar.

I'm surprised the whole team managed to leave without anyone noticing before the second half was due to start though.

Bet the officials were a bit confused. They'd have been ringing the bell to no avail, then knocking with no response, then going in to find no one in there. I'd be then sending an assistant out to the pitch to see if they were there, and when he came back with a negative I'd be scratching my head and looking more confused than normal … :)

Back