A&H

Hold the whistle back....

IslandReferee

Incident a few weeks back where I made a fairly serious mistake, luckily it did not matter in the end but I knew it and need to learn from it. Attacker one on one with the keeper, he beats the keeper inside the 6, keeper wraps him up a bit, not a full on tackle but enough to throw him of a bit. I immediately blow my whistle, knew I was in the wrong because the next second attacked places the ball in the back of the net. At this point, I am like oh boy, I knew what I did wrong but saved my ass with a few things. First I pointed towards the center circle awarding the goal. Second 95 percent of the parents and coaches on this small rock of mine don't know the laws of the game nor do they know what a whistle is for. Third, this was the only goal the losing team scored in a 6 to 1 game. Needless to say, I asked my commissioner, who was coaching the scoring team if he was the mistake that I made, he did not but I told him about it afterward. I now use this as a training tool for my new referees and people that are thinking about becoming a referee. Even after all these games I have done I can easily brain fart with the best of them and can always learn from them. Mahalo!

The Referee Store
Advantage on a penalty kick is the hardest advantage to play, its hard as your instinct if you see a foul you give the penalty kick.

Always learning.

Back