A&H

Highlight of my refereeing career...

The Referee Store
I am not sure if the gesture was an indication of what she/he thought of the game or your performance mate. But in either case I don't consider it offensive so I would have only cautioned him/her for entering without permission. :)

I was worried the players might start following suit, thought a red would be sufficient deterrent - must have worked as none of them did 😂

• Haha
Reactions: one
Tops my two pitch invasions:

1. A flock of sheep (to be fair to the sheep, given the state of the pitch, I reckon 6 days a week they grazed in the field, on the 7th it was used as a football pitch. So they were probably just coming home a little early.)
  2. An irate archer. About 10 mins in to a midweek evening game, play was stopped for a throw in, and an angry archer, bow menacingly slung over his shoulder, came striding across the pitch towards me. He was practicing his sport behind one of the goals, shooting at ninety degrees to the direction of the pitch. When the ball was inevitably kicked high wide and ugly (this was low tier local OA league) a player would naturally trot of to collect the ball, running into the line of fire of aforementioned archer, who was understandably concerned and had entered the FOP to discuss his concerns with me.

Best I can do is a quality pre match pitch inspection at a local ground which happens to be at the back of a somewhat unsavoury public house.

I informed the home manager that we wouldn't be starting the game until he had removed .... two pint glasses, a syringe and a used condom :rolleyes:

I was worried the players might start following suit, thought a red would be sufficient deterrent - must have worked as none of them did 😂
Alternatively you could have used your new furry friend as a replacement for vanishing spray to mark the spot 😂

Best I can do is a quality pre match pitch inspection at a local ground which happens to be at the back of a somewhat unsavoury public house.

I informed the home manager that we wouldn't be starting the game until he had removed .... two pint glasses, a syringe and a used condom :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t be getting close enough to see if it was used or otherwise!

Back