A&H

Hi :)

The Referee Store
Hi Nikki welcome, what made you get into refereeing? and have you been involved in football playing wise? :)

I wanted to get into refereeing because there aren't many women involved as I feel there should be. I used to play while I was in school and since I left I haven't had much involvement and I missed being involved in football that much. So I enrolled on the course through Shropshire FA and here I am! :)

Hi Nikki and welcome to RefChat.

I agree there aren't enough female referees involved in football, I believe the one known to most people is Sian Massey (please let me know if i am wrong). There is only one female referee on the leagues I officiate on as well how ever the numbers are slowly increasing.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask as we have either done it or known someone to do what your unsure about.

Dave

Welcome mate. There are lots of nice people on here who can pass on lots of invaluable information, help and advice. Its also a good place to have a moan.

Thanks guys! Yes, Sian Massey is the most well know (to my knowledge anyway).

It's nice to know that I can come somewhere and ask for advice coz the 1 thing I have found is that training in the classroom and actually getting out on the pitch are completely different! I did my first match without linesmen on a rainy day where the lines blended into the mud! I'm onto my third game out of 6 now :)

Firstly, welcome to the wonderful world of refereeing!

Secondly, welcome to the even more glorious world of RefChat!

Yes, Sian's the most well known. She is currently a 2B referee and a FIFA (and SG) AR. She middles Conference North/South.

The names to look out for in terms of female officials - Alexandra (Sasa) Ihringova and Lucy May. Sasa is FL line/Level 3 men's ref and FIFA women's ref. Lucy is men's L4 and I think top level women's AR, but not yet FIFA. (My knowledge is neither cool nor nothing to be proud of!)

Welcome to the rabble Nikki

Enjoy the site. Any questions don't hesitate to ask

Welcome Nikki! Always lovely to have a lady ref's perspective on things. Men are, as they say, from Mars.

Back