A&H

Hi, foreign referee from Albania

SmallTalk95

To be honest have not read the rules and dont know if this forum is solely for UK members or not , but this looked like the best forum for football referees out there and also being very active. :)

Im an (computer) engineering student that did my bachelor in Turin,Italy and through my 3 years there i also did the 2 month course of referees there and ref'd a couple of games there. But now i came back to my hometown Tirana,Albania and continuing my passion here with u-13 (as a start) and u-15 , u-17 amateur leagues.

There are some things that are worse here : rarely changing rooms on good playing fields (have to change on the referee benches), very few respect the referee and always think you are against them , words like "he got paid dont bother" or stuff like that gets said even by 13 YEAR OLDS ! Obviously these are rare occasions but i cant grasp how kids can learn this kind of stuff so early. After a couple of games people understand i dont give a crap who you are or who ur team is and always doing my best to make a great game . So i kind of want to ask you if its the same everywere with the part where some people just think you are there to ruin game , interested in some thoughts.

My connection with refereeing comes naturally because of my dad.He was FIFA and UEFA AR. Now he does observing in UEFA games mostly for new referees and mostly around Europe.And lets just say i have cheated a bit on progressing as a ref having a teacher in the house :p. Surprisingly he does not want to come watch my games directly (has done 2 times in like 2 months) but wants to hear from others and let me explain stuff rather than babysitting me .

If u have read this far .... oh boy u are patient af xD . I would like to thank you and hope i can contribute as much as i can in this great forum ;)

The Referee Store
Welcome - and no, the forum is not just for UK referees. Even if the majority of the members do seem to be UK-based, there are contributors from all around the world taking part.

Welcome - it will be good to hear your experiences of your national FA's support of local referees... Enjoy the debates!

Back