A&H

help please

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
im starting my basic corse on thursday just wondering if anyone has any tips please?

The Referee Store
Just listen to what's being said and take it all in. When you get LOTG, read them and familiarise yourself with them!

Other than that, enjoy!

I completed my course fairly recently! You will meet some great guys/girls, which makes it a shame to leave them, to go back to your retrospective areas of the county. But as Dan said, just make sure you take it all in, the tests aren't hard at all, as long as you prepare and listen to what you are being told! Also, try and order your kit early, if you are quite confident with it, just because when you get your first games, you will turn up and look the part, as well as feel the part!

Have fun! :)

yep all of the above, try make yourself known to people, county people etc so they know who you are when you have to contact them etc it helps with us because i know i can contact an RDO and get a response pretty soon after where as others usually older ones complain they cannot get any contact with RDO's

Also, try and order your kit early, if you are quite confident with it, just because when you get your first games, you will turn up and look the part, as well as feel the part!
How early is "early"? ;) I've got my course coming up and wasn't planning to go anywhere near the kit until afterwards :)

which ones module 3 again? honestly forgotten!
Module 3 - Examination Both a multiple choice examination paper and a DVD exam are used to assess theory & practical knowledge. A combined pass mark of 75% is required to progress to the next module.

honestly when we did it (just over a year ago) they said you cant fail, you have to be really messed in the head to fail!
just give 100% when your there and you will be fine

honestly when we did it (just over a year ago) they said you cant fail, you have to be really messed in the head to fail!
just give 100% when your there and you will be fine
Will try :) The RDO here seems to be pretty good, so hoping that'll help (when I'm doing the 6 games also)

How early is "early"? ;) I've got my course coming up and wasn't planning to go anywhere near the kit until afterwards :)

As early as you can really. Only buy it early if you are 100% sure that you will pass the exam! Otherwise you will have wasted quite an amount of money! Try www.referee-equipment.co.uk , if you call them up and say you are doing the course, then they will give you a discount! Just have the number ready. I.E. mine was 12-10.

As early as you can really. Only buy it early if you are 100% sure that you will pass the exam! Otherwise you will have wasted quite an amount of money! Try www.referee-equipment.co.uk , if you call them up and say you are doing the course, then they will give you a discount! Just have the number ready. I.E. mine was 12-10.
From what I've heard from Arran and a few others, It's pretty tough to fail ;) I was thinking about buying a starter pack from the RA Store (for money's sake :p), such as:
http://rashop.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=Eco3

not sure if you need them but don't forget about flag.
only reason i say this is because some other referees have told me that some leagues state clubs must provide linesman flags but i would check with the leagues you will be officiating on.
apart from that try get all black kit, doesn't get dirty easy and easier to clean if it does.

not sure if you need them but don't forget about flag.
only reason i say this is because some other referees have told me that some leagues state clubs must provide linesman flags but i would check with the leagues you will be officiating on.
apart from that try get all black kit, doesn't get dirty easy and easier to clean if it does.
Yeah, I'll try and get the flags and a watch. 2 watches would probably only serve to confuse me :p
The league I would be hoping to ref on is a league I used to play in (before the club folded), and I'm pretty sure the ref always provided flags :)

Check out eBay - always a good place to buy spare kit.
At the time I'm selling a pair of RA shorts as I don't use them. :)

it was great my course, really enjoyed it, on my course you get a free kit which is a bonus but not sure what make it is so not sure on quality, i just know is not umbro! yeah really enkoyed it i cant stop reading the folder(the fa has just brought out this new version):)

Damn, we never got a kit or anything.
new version?? did they say anything that was different

Back