A&H

Hampton & Richmond FA Cup

JH

RefChat Addict
Unfortunately I think the ref only got 1/3 KMDs right in this one. For me, the penalty he gave for Hampton was simulation, would've got away with play on but certainly not a pen. He then missed a clear penalty for Oldham. Absolutely spot on to caution for an Oldham dive though.

The Referee Store
Not clear what AR input was at the first one but there were posts on another thread recently about AR and over turning ref pks
This is one where I would expect AR to say sorry, thats not a foul, restart drop ball

Unless of course AR was one who gave it but I dont see that being the case in this clip.

I think he's got them all wrong. Again, look at positioning on the last penalty call (the caution for simulation) - player running at goal, keeper coming out, why isn't the ref sprinting to get left like his life depends on it? Find it odd he stays so central

I think he's got them all wrong. Again, look at positioning on the last penalty call (the caution for simulation) - player running at goal, keeper coming out, why isn't the ref sprinting to get left like his life depends on it? Find it odd he stays so central
Regardless, no contact and delayed fall, think he got that spot on.

Not clear what AR input was at the first one but there were posts on another thread recently about AR and over turning ref pks
This is one where I would expect AR to say sorry, thats not a foul, restart drop ball

Unless of course AR was one who gave it but I dont see that being the case in this clip.
I think you would only ever see that when an assistant would bet their life the ref has got it wrong. In this case, why would the AR risk his marks by overturning the referee when there is any doubt whatsoever.

Regardless, no contact and delayed fall, think he got that spot on.

I'm inclined to agree but it's not conclusive from the angles we have (I think the keeper may make some contact with the left foot) - think the referee is completely guessing here tbh

For the penalty the defender hasn't helped himself by putting an arm on the attacker. Yes the push is minimal, and yes the attacker has felt it and gone down, but there is still a push. I thought the dissent simulation was correct, he'd overrun the ball and just thrown himself down.

I think you would only ever see that when an assistant would bet their life the ref has got it wrong. In this case, why would the AR risk his marks by overturning the referee when there is any doubt whatsoever.

For me, it was clearly wrong and I would be looking for the AR to, assist, at very least to say "imo that's not a foul" and then the ref can do his thing
rare I know but folk need to take responsibility and understand being on the line does not just mean signalling ball out of play
Its for me not a pen, I don't believe the AR thought it was, (if its not, then I think he has the best view of it) then, why stand there quiet and allow the ref to make the wrong call.

the Oldham 1 on 1 with gk is a good yc though, anticipated contact, striker was dying for that keepers leg to come out, he saw it, and went over it. Cheat, in other words .

Reactions: JH
Back