A&H

Greek Derby - Dont mess with the Russians :)

The Referee Store
Apart from the almost inconceivable scenario of an owner going onto the pitch with a gun, what do people think of the actual incident that led to the kerfuffle?

Starts at 2:14 in the video below, with the best replays coming around the 3:09 mark:

The attacker doesn't touch the ball but does he do enough for you, to be guilty of interfering with an opponent?

Yep, his proximity to the keeper is definitely close enough to be affecting him. That's offside for me. God, even when the ref is talking to the AR the conduct of those teams is beyond disgraceful.
The attacker in close range moves towards the ball as the keeper is preparing to dive - that satisfied the criteria of an obvious action affecting an opponent.
Also, given where the attacker is standing it's impossible for the keeper to make a full dive otherwise he'd collide with the attacker (and quite possibly get kicked in the head).
Also, WHAT ON EARTH was the AR doing by okaying that goal immediately. The AR needed to discuss this with the referee - he's seriously dropped his referee in it here. He would have seen that there was a PIOP very close to the ball and keeper.
The team officials....god, disgraceful. As for coming on with a gun, that should be enough to ban him for life and seriously consider kicking the team out of the comp.
But from the conduct of the players I gather this is a league that doesn't care about RESPECT.

Last edited:
The question is, using the wording of the law, did the attacker's action impact the goalkeeper or impact his ability to play the ball. For me the answer is no. That is, for me, even if the attacker wasn't there the goalkeeper could not have done any better. But it is a very close call and it can go either way. It comes down to the opinion of the referee and if the referee says offside, I can see why.

Also agree with Captain on the AR action. The protocol for the AR is to raise flag for PIOP in such a close call and let the referee decide on the offence itself. It would have made the process much more credible and possibly avoided the chaos.

Oh and the entire Greek SuperLeague is now suspended (I understand by the government) following this incident and some other recent ones. The referee's boss was the victim of an arson attack late last year....

Last edited:
Back