A&H

Junior/Youth Great...

Mike

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
Was CAR on my brother's game for the first 4 minutes of extra time today, after lino #1 flounces.

Last minute of normal time the ref correctly over rules a dodgy offside decision from 'our' club lino to make it 2-2. He hands the flag back and goes home.

The game has been fairly physical all the way through (U13s), but nothing out of control. One kid turned his ankle quite nastily, but that was his own fault, no malice involved. Through the whole of the break 'our' manager is berating the ref, who I reckon was probably a year younger than me, and he is clearly shaken.

Anyway, extra time starts. The opposition are on the attack. One of 'our' players is fouled and goes down. Ref carries on and a second foul is committed through a fairly innocent slide tackle in the six yard box. Free kick is eventually given after my flag is given plenty of agitation.

Anyway, 'our' manager then runs on and proceeds to forfeit the game because they believe it's dangerous, ref has been a disgrace etc. I spoke to the ref, and the one who was meant to do the next game on this pitch and we all agreed that it was an odd decision.

An email has come round tonight from 'our' manager asking that everyone reports the ref and the team they were playing as apparently they are 'disgraces'.

Anyway, should I send an email or wait until I am asked, as the ref will mention me in the report.

NB: It was f****** embarrassing what the manager did.

The Referee Store
send an email to the club secretary and child welfare officer of the club that your brother plays for, if you feel strongly enough, and leave it at that.

p.s. no need to swear!

The team can expect a nice fine and to forfeit the match.

Yep, £100 and out of the first round of the cup.

send an email to the club secretary and child welfare officer of the club that your brother plays for, if you feel strongly enough, and leave it at that.

p.s. no need to swear!

Don't think I'll be going to the league now after an email that's been sent, it's all very childish really, If league/ref ask me then I'll let them know.

Back