A&H

Good luck, too....

haywain

the voice of reason
Level 7 Referee
....to all those who have just completed their promo year

Don't forget to get those completed promo sheets in ;)

The Referee Store
Sussex promo committee meet march 12, results posted out on friday 13th :foot:

Congrats Matt!!!

What sort of interview do level 4 candidates need to have? I presumed they just got promoted like normal?

Thank you.

I used the incorrect term, they are now classed as meetings. I'm not sure of exactly what goes on but I believe there are match scenario questions to test laws of the game, find out motivations and availability etc and anything else that may affect their ability to operate as a level 4.

Thank you.

I used the incorrect term, they are now classed as meetings. I'm not sure of exactly what goes on but I believe there are match scenario questions to test laws of the game, find out motivations and availability etc and anything else that may affect their ability to operate as a level 4.
Moving to L4 requires greater time input from the referees. They have to be available mid-week for some matches and for at least 2 weekends a month. There is also the greater travel commitment required. In Yorkshire, we have combined three leagues for the L4 so a referee may need to go from Huddersfield to Hull for a match - 75 miles & 1 1/4 driving time..

There are also reminded about closed dates, and that includes mornings, afternoons & nights.... Some Academy teams play at lunchtime and if you haven't closed the morning & afternoon you are liable for an appointment.

It is more explanation meeting, so that they know what is expected and they don't get a shock.

Hertfordshire results are out and I managed to sneak my 6 .. so straight onto 6 to 5 this year .. looking forward to the challenge :)

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear ....

I've been told that Middlesex's are out on Friday 13th. Wonder if that will be a good, or a bad omen

If you're a level 4, when would you be likely to hear whether or not you've been nominated for promotion to level 3?

Moving to L4 requires greater time input from the referees. They have to be available mid-week for some matches and for at least 2 weekends a month. There is also the greater travel commitment required. In Yorkshire, we have combined three leagues for the L4 so a referee may need to go from Huddersfield to Hull for a match - 75 miles & 1 1/4 driving time..

There are also reminded about closed dates, and that includes mornings, afternoons & nights.... Some Academy teams play at lunchtime and if you haven't closed the morning & afternoon you are liable for an appointment.

It is more explanation meeting, so that they know what is expected and they don't get a shock.

Surely all of this should be explained BEFORE the application for PROMOTION TO L4 is even accepted!!!
ie, 15 months earlier

Surely all of this should be explained BEFORE the application for PROMOTION TO L4 is even accepted!!!
ie, 15 months earlier
Of course, it should have been explained but it still amazing the number who are put forward then:
- fail the fitness test;
- cannot do any mid-week AR roles;
- give short notice back word;
etc

Back