A&H

Gloves

Declan

Level 5 Referee
Following an extremely wet and windy game as an assistant I'm seriously considering gloves.

Any recommendations?

The Referee Store
OK. Ignore all the tough northerners who are wringing their hands in shame:) I use light weight running gloves when it is not too cold and when it get very parky I change to my thick running gloves and when it is stupidly cold I use both. You can get from sports direct and are very reasonable. #southernsoftyref

As above but something with a slight grip on the fingers, otherwise the flag will go flying out of your hand.

As a referee, I'd rather my assistant was warm, than cold. That way you ought to do a better job, because you aren't focussed on the cold.

I'm not a fan of gloves, and it's not because I'm a ruggedly handsome northerner, but my hands just get too hot when running around in them.

I can't give any specific recommendations, but, something with grip on the fingers/palms would be a good idea to help prevent the flag slipping out of your hands. You would also need to consider whether you will need to write while wearing them.

Some of these suvverners really need to get a grip.... COLD??? They're still Bermuda shorts in Barnsley!

Didn't wear gloves as a referee, but I sure as hell will be as an observer when Winter kicks in.

Gloves are for goalkeepers! I don't think I ever saw a ref wearing gloves in all my years playing and it's never crossed my mind to wear gloves whilst officiating. If the game is being played on a grass pitch then it's more than 0 degrees, you won't get frost bite! Gloves, pppffftt, world's gone soft

north1.jpg
The adverse weather recently has led the FA to allow gloves for all referees below this line in OCTOBER..... The new FA compliant Southern Softie branded gloves come in fluffy pink or rainbow colours with an elastic band running between the two so they don't get lost should you need to remove them to book someone!! Keep safe Boyz!!! ;)

Back