A&H

Getting your own back ...

OIREF!

RefChat Addict
Have you ever been able to extract revenge on an annoying player, coach, spectator etc away from the football field. I don't mean doing someone over in a dark alley but have non football circumstances ever given you the change of getting your own back? Last year I had a difficult sending off and about a month after the player involved turned up for an interview at my work. I was supposed to be on the interview panel and although I diplomatically backed out my colleague gave a him a hard time. He wouldn't have got the job anyway but I did have a rather guilty feeling of satisfaction.

The Referee Store
I had a customer in my local area that was bragging to me about Wednesday being Massive and The Boxing Day Massacre! I did the quote and slipped £500 on the total just for the hurt and discomfort caused! Got the deal as well! Deserved it, £&@£ :D

Have you ever been able to extract revenge on an annoying player, coach, spectator etc away from the football field. I don't mean doing someone over in a dark alley but have non football circumstances ever given you the change of getting your own back? Last year I had a difficult sending off and about a month after the player involved turned up for an interview at my work. I was supposed to be on the interview panel and although I diplomatically backed out my colleague gave a him a hard time. He wouldn't have got the job anyway but I did have a rather guilty feeling of satisfaction.

No, because I'm not so petty that I'd hold a grudge on one person because of what happened on a cold Sunday morning in a council park one day.

Anyone who carries over these grudges into their personal lives, is I daresay, mentally weak and not fit to referee.

As a referee, your duty is to uphold the laws of the game, not go on a personal vendetta. Leave the sanctions to the FA. You are there to officiate the game, not to play vigilante.

Back