A&H

GER v ENG

The Referee Store
Isn’t Kane offside for the penalty?
I’m revising at the minute so have got game on in the background with no noise so my opinion might not be the best one As I’m not properly watching the game

Didn’t the German defender deliberately play the ball first though?

I thought offside but they haven't even mentioned it. I don't think I would have given the penalty either

Called in at pub briefly to pick daughter up. Even all the old geezers with no clue what day it is were promptly saying offside. Very odd. Presumably a miskick by one of our German friends in defence

Must've been. Need to see a replay

German defender definitely went to play the ball and sliced it, so it can't be offside.
OK
TV at the time only showed a side-on view so couldn't see
Too soft for VAR to give the PK IMO.
Anyway, why qre we still playing football? No such thing as a mesocycle for athletes when money calls the shots. End up with a WC with half the best players injured or washed out

OK
TV at the time only showed a side-on view so couldn't see
Too soft for VAR to give the PK IMO.
Anyway, why qre we still playing football? No such thing as a mesocycle for athletes when money calls the shots. End up with a WC with half the best players injured or washed out
Still playing football because of the WC and the ludicrous decision to give it to Quatar. These Nations League games would have been played next season but not possible due to the ripped apart schedule caused by the WC.

I thought it was a definite pen. Should have been a red card, dogso, made no attempt to play the ball.
I disagree, I think the German defender seemed to almost slip, and then his knee looked to clip Kane’s trailing foot, causing Kane to go down. Enough contact for a PK call, and in real time I would’ve said PK, however not a red for me. Playe heading away from goal, Kane had work to do if he won it, and Neuer was coming out to meet it. Yellow for me (I think it was booked for SPA in the end)

I disagree, I think the German defender seemed to almost slip, and then his knee looked to clip Kane’s trailing foot, causing Kane to go down. Enough contact for a PK call, and in real time I would’ve said PK, however not a red for me. Playe heading away from goal, Kane had work to do if he won it, and Neuer was coming out to meet it. Yellow for me (I think it was booked for SPA in the end)
He couldn't have been booked for SPA as the penalty was given. Not sure what it was for - reckless would seem harsh. Persistent or dissent maybe ?

thought the caution was for rudiger for dissent rather than for the player who gave the pen away

thought the caution was for rudiger for dissent rather than for the player who gave the pen away
The Channel 4 graphics indicated it was for Rudiger but was later corrected.

They did a similar thing in the last game and flashed up that Reece James was booked in the final minutes. I was a tad confused as to why he was still on the pitch!

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Re the penalty/offside call.

Is it not that it is not an offence to be in an offside position until he plays, or interferes with, the ball. As he has technically done neither, and he was fouled, it is a penalty?

I mean, on a Sunday and a flag was raised, on my own, I may be saying offside to save my own skin.

I thought it was a definite pen. Should have been a red card, dogso, made no attempt to play the ball.

Far too much doubt that Kane would be in control of the ball. the ball is three yards away and travelling further away from Kane at the point of contact

Direction of ball at point of contact? Going across goal, not towards it, at a fair pace too

Far too much doubt that Kane would be in control of the ball. the ball is three yards away and travelling further away from Kane at the point of contact

Direction of ball at point of contact? Going across goal, not towards it, at a fair pace too
Therefore, not a clear and obvious error ?

Back