A&H

Games disappearing from WGS

Jack M

Level 6 Referee
Hi all,

I did a game last Saturday and had 5 cards (3 yc / 2 rc) and I submitted my reports on Sunday. I am 100% positive I did this.

I went to check something for a good friend who asked me about it and when I checked, it has disappeared.

Now previously I have suffered with anxiety and this situation is starting to make me worry about this and starting to doubt myself even though I vividly remember submitting the report.

Any advice guys?

The Referee Store
Hi all,

I did a game last Saturday and had 5 cards (3 yc / 2 rc) and I submitted my reports on Sunday. I am 100% positive I did this.

I went to check something for a good friend who asked me about it and when I checked, it has disappeared.

Now previously I have suffered with anxiety and this situation is starting to make me worry about this and starting to doubt myself even though I vividly remember submitting the report.

Any advice guys?

Keep your match day cards etc and you can just refer to them if there's ever an issue. That's what I would do.

Yeah, keep the match info on paper for about two weeks before discarding them.

Just covers you in case some tech glitch happens.

I'm concerned that I may face a charge/suspension even though I did do the report
Do you do it on your phone? If so, consider screen shotting the Web page when it's submitted?

Or phone your RDO on the Monday for example and confirm it's on the system. Maybe even just phone them anyway and let them know you're having issues and you'll keep the match cards.

I'm not sure who it is you need to speak to about WGS to be fair.

I don't think you'll get in any bother if you tell them there's an issue in the system.

I did it on my computer. Never do it on my phone.
For this league, I have to send them a match report form and I have checked that and I put the yellow and red cards on there so they were reported the the league at least

I did it on my computer. Never do it on my phone.
For this league, I have to send them a match report form and I have checked that and I put the yellow and red cards on there so they were reported the the league at least

I've had it before sometimes, queried it to the RDO and he said it's just a glitch in the system sometimes, but if you've pressed submit, they'll see it

Last week was October. This week is November. There is a rollover between months on WGS so it only shows the current month’s fixtures. You can search previous months however so you might see them there?

Yeah tried that. My other game from October (on the 5th) that needed to be added to the WGS is still on there but I am unable to download that report as it just says "Generating reports"

That is an odd one. Are you doing it on a PC or tablet/phone? When I get the reports ‘generating message’ on my laptop a download message and then a PDF ready to view. Are you not seeing the same?

The other possibility is that you put your reports in but it did not save?

Double check with your RDO if you're unsure. You've done your part once you send it in. If there's any issue, your FA will approach you to smooth it out. They're not all that scary lol.

Also, speaking of missing games, I have this problem where my match fee goes missing. It seems to happen most weeks, I get paid then a few days later, I walk down the local and it just vanishes from my wallet!

Anyone else having this problem?

Whenever I submit a report I always go back to the referee administration dashboard where you then see the game and a download report button. I click on this and then save it to a disciplinary receipts folder on my OneDrive. That way you have proof should anything subsequently go wrong, I work it IT and am fully aware that computer systems are only as reliable as the humas that program and maintain them ... :)

1572912588322.png

Hi Jack,

I had this the other week, just said generating and even a duplicate saying no discipline report! I emailed my CFA's discipline department and they said it had gone through their end. I emailed them with the details of cautions too and asked them to submit if it hadn't.

I phoned my RDO yesterday while on a break at work. He said it has gone through but he has no idea why it isn't showing up at my end.

Probably just a glitch in the WGS

That is an odd one. Are you doing it on a PC or tablet/phone? When I get the reports ‘generating message’ on my laptop a download message and then a PDF ready to view. Are you not seeing the same?

The other possibility is that you put your reports in but it did not save?

I usually get that. But this time it is stuck on "generating reports" so I can't download it

Clear your browser cache and delete any temp files. Or maybe try opening WGS in a new 'incognito' or private mode tab.

Hi all,

Any advice guys?
Is it possible you just need to go back and look at October? WGS only shows the current month so you have to go back into a previous month to see the reports

Is it possible you just need to go back and look at October? WGS only shows the current month so you have to go back into a previous month to see the reports

I did try that. All sorted now tbf, must have been a glitch

Clear your browser cache and delete any temp files. Or maybe try opening WGS in a new 'incognito' or private mode tab.

Good advice although I only ever use incognito mode when I'm buying my wife a present and I don't want her to see it ;)

Back