A&H

Game last night, brilliant.

spuddy1878

RefChat Addict
Ive only been reffing since the start of the season and last night was probably as good a game as you could wish to be involved.

U15s game, the quality was poor but from a refereeing point of view it was super.

Blues 1-0 up, then 2-1 down come back and win 3-2

Had an incident identical to the one posted in another thread were the referee gives a red card for the keeper handling outside the box (wrongly)

A last minute penalty shout for the team 3-2 down, was never even close but added to the fun.

Both teams and touch lines impeccably behaved until right after the final whistle one of the losing team who thought he should have had a penalty called me a "baldy knobhead"

Loved it.

The Referee Store
I've been called most things over the years, some funny, some hilarious, some obnoxious, some cheeky, a few clever..... Baldy knobhead is a red but its blood funny, especially if you are folically impaired!! Whats the worst you've been called @Big Cat @Kes @Mintyref @RustyRef @Ross ??

I've been called most things over the years, some funny, some hilarious, some obnoxious, some cheeky, a few clever..... Baldy knobhead is a red but its blood funny, especially if you are folically impaired!! Whats the worst you've been called @Big Cat @Kes @Mintyref @RustyRef @Ross ??

I've been likened to many a smooth-headed individual in the past mate - Webb, Collina etc but never been called a Baldy Knobhead.

The worst I've been called I suppose, was last season during a low-level (3rd Division) match between two teams of scrotes and it actually took place about a minute after I'd blown for full time but still on the pitch.
Customary handshakes all round, but blue No 8 whom I'd cautioned in the second half for USB, as he shakes my hand, says "I have to say mate, you're the worst "See You Next Tuesday" we've had this season".
Cheeky little tw@t. Can't have been more than about 19 years of age.
I was unsure, so I turned back to him and asked him to repeat what he'd just said, which he duly did!! Both young and stupid!! Lol.

The only red card I've ever issued after a match has finished.

I happily explained to both him and his team captain as I walked off the field that they were in fact wrong and that I most definitely could issue a red card (along with subsequent fine and the match ban that goes with it) after the whistle has gone. ;) :cool:

I've been likened to many a smooth-headed individual in the past mate - Webb, Collina etc but never been called a Baldy Knobhead.

The worst I've been called I suppose, was last season during a low-level (3rd Division) match between two teams of scrotes and it actually took place about a minute after I'd blown for full time but still on the pitch.
Customary handshakes all round, but blue No 8 whom I'd cautioned in the second half for USB, as he shakes my hand, says "I have to say mate, you're the worst "See You Next Tuesday" we've had this season".
Cheeky little tw@t. Can't have been more than about 19 years of age.
I was unsure, so I turned back to him and asked him to repeat what he'd just said, which he duly did!! Both young and stupid!! Lol.

The only red card I've ever issued after a match has finished.

I happily explained to both him and his team captain as I walked off the field that they were in fact wrong and that I most definitely could issue a red card (along with subsequent fine and the match ban that goes with it) after the whistle has gone. ;):cool:
Was he angry when you gave him the red?

Was he angry when you gave him the red?

Not at first, just surprised and incredulous.

Him: "You can't do that ref, the whistle's gone"

His Captain: "You can't do that ref, the game's over".

Me: "We're still on the field gents, you two both need to read the LOTG".

Him: "That's not fair ref - how was I to know you can still red card me?"

His Captain: "Yeah, come on ref, he wouldn't have said it if he'd known would he?"

Me: "Unlucky chaps, you shouldn't have said it anyway"

Every day's a school day eh? ;) :cool:

His Captain: "Yeah, come on ref, he wouldn't have said it if he'd known would he?"

Every day's a school day eh? ;):cool:
"how was I to know you can still red card me?" Hhahahahah Wow...

Reactions: Kes

Every day's a school day eh? ;):cool:

One player manager called me 11 adjectives with the F Word attached, i know that as i wrote them down in my book as he said them....I had great fun in reciting them on the old excel sheets, I bet that caused some laughs at the County FA :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"how was I to know you can still red card me?" Hhahahahah Wow...

That's the whole joke of it to be honest. All players should know.

Half of them still haven't even cottoned on to the idea that anything offensive, insulting or abusive is a red card.

How many times during a match do you hear expletives and obscenities that fit the "red card" bill? Why? Because most of the players just generally don't know. Either that or "last week's ref" didn't punish it so they think it's acceptable. I'm very thick-skinned and not much offends me. Telling me I'm a c888 crosses the line though ... :D

That's the whole joke of it to be honest. All players should know.

Half of them still haven't even cottoned on to the idea that anything offensive, insulting or abusive is a red card.

How many times during a match do you hear expletives and obscenities that fit the "red card" bill? Why? Because most of the players just generally don't know. Either that or "last week's ref" didn't punish it so they think it's acceptable. I'm very thick-skinned and not much offends me. Telling me I'm a c888 crosses the line though ... :D
Thick skinned with a Polar Ice Cap apparently @Kes :cool:

If that's a real picture of you I'm surprised anyone says anything except "yes sir"......

Taken last year in Cyprus mate.
I must confess to having had players ask me before a match how much I'm benching but I always give the same response - "Not as much as I'd like mate". Lol. ;)

Back