A&H

Game Called Off !!

ByronCoach

Good afternoon all..

I'm curious about a situation that did not happen to my team but on another pitch to us yesterday..

Step7 football

Game got called at 70 minutes by the ref due to worsening conditions of the pitch ...

Result stood !! and was registered by the league , home team won 8-1 !!

Now I was under the impression if a game was called before 75 minutes it was then required to be replayed ??

Can anyone help me with the understanding on this rule..

The Referee Store
Quote from the good-book:

1. An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules provide otherwise

It's all to do with competition rules. If it's something you're unsure of, take a look at your competition rules (either on Full Time library or the league website)

Its all down to the competition rules, but I'd be surprised if this has already been decided as I would have thought that the league would have written to both clubs and the ref for their observations and then this discussion at the next league meeting before a decision was made.

Reactions: DB
Unless the weather had a serious change of heart, he ref should not maybe have started the game, if it wa not possible to finish the game.

But as above, competition rules will dictate; if there are no comp rules specifying, then LOTG rules apply.

Back