A&H

Full time

one

RefChat Addict
The only lotg requirement from the referee for full time is to stop play with a whistle. Convention is two short peeps and a long one. And there is no hand or other signal requirements. Does anyone whistle differently or has a specific signal?

The Referee Store
peep-peep-peeeeeeep for me, and if I'm feeling energetic I'll point to the centre circle. If I've had a stinker definitely no arm signal as don't want anyone looking at me 😂

Three short blasts for me, sometimes two short one longer

Cup final or great game etc, might jazz it up with hands to tunnel area or centre circle

Last edited:
Reactions: one
Two short blast with a long one to follow for every game. If I feel good my hand signal is synched with the blasts. First blast non whistle hand straight up. Second blast non whistle hand pointing to the centre and third blast which has a rhythmic tone, leave whistle in mouth, both hands move ( to the rhythm ) in a 'cut it out' motion.

Two short blast with a long one to follow for every game. If I feel good my hand signal is synched with the blasts. First blast non whistle hand straight up. Second blast non whistle hand pointing to the centre and third blast which has a rhythmic tone, leave whistle in mouth, both hands move ( to the rhythm ) in a 'cut it out' motion.
Look for the highlights of England v Cameroon World Cup Q/Final 1990 on Youtube. I love the enthusiasm of the ref's hand signals. Well worth a watch, especially his final whistle visuals - what a drama Queen!! ;) :D

Look for the highlights of England v Cameroon World Cup Q/Final 1990 on Youtube. I love the enthusiasm of the ref's hand signals. Well worth a watch, especially his final whistle visuals - what a drama Queen!! ;) :D
Reminds me of the 'ballerina' referee from the youtube clips being around for a decade or so :)

Back