A&H

Friendlies

SteveAustinRef

Level 7 Referee
Anyone got any friendly matches coming up?

I was offered a middle for Sunday morning but have turned it down due to injury.

The Referee Store
I bet you're quite glad you're not running around in tomorrow's heat though!

Well yes and no, I have recovered from my injury and have been training again so may be could of had the run out. But as I am not doing a game I shall be training in the morning like I do every week out of season. Im just hoping its not too hot

I have the offer of a game Saturday. What do you guys do about a fee for friendlies?

How about cautions etc? Of course they will all behave like gentlemen and there will be no contact or fouling whatsoever ! If a card does appear dynamo the magician style out of my pocket, do they get sent in or forgotten?

How about cautions etc? Of course they will all behave like gentlemen and there will be no contact or fouling whatsoever ! If a card does appear dynamo the magician style out of my pocket, do they get sent in or forgotten?

If you do show any cards you must report them to the county as normal, it is now drilled into clubs to make sure if they haven't had any paperwork that they should check with the CFA. As playing whilst suspended is not allowed and clubs know who and when players are suspended under match suspension.

More referees are having disciplinary action against them for not submitting reports don't get caught out just because its a friendly.

That's fine, first friendly game and needed to check. Team sheet? I could just use one belonging to the league I usually ref in. Just so I have all player and sub names?

I wouldn't bother with a team sheet.

You need to speak with both team managers before hand and agree amount of subs to use. Then you can take subs names they can play as many as they want but it has to be agreed before hand. But they can NOT use roll on roll off subs.

I wouldn't bother with a team sheet.

You need to speak with both team managers before hand and agree amount of subs to use. Then you can take subs names they can play as many as they want but it has to be agreed before hand. But they can NOT use roll on roll off subs.

Why can roll on roll off subs not be used if both teams agree? I cant see a problem with it

Assuming it is open age it is not allowed under the LOFA, only certain age groups can us roll on/off subs

No you can use roll on roll off if both teams agree. The FA have been piloting rolling subs in open age football, for instance Cheshire League Reserve Division were using the rolling subs system last year. You need extra notebooks when doing that league!!

No you are right having a quick re-read :) , maximum of 7. However i will usually allow teams to do rolling if they both agree!!!

I had a nice pre-season dos and don'ts for friendlies from my CFA, and the two main highlighted points were to report cards and misconduct and not to allow roll on/off subs that's how I knew.

I've always allowed roll on/off subs in friendlies if both teams agree, after-all its their friendly in my eyes. Will continue to allow it if teams want it.

In terms of friendlies so far, just the one and that was on an astro 11-a-side. Hoping to get a one most weekends very soon as need to start progressively getting back into the 'flow' as you were.

You may not do things that the FA hasn't allowed in a friendly or in actual competition, end of.

Back