A&H

Fox 40 striker whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Ref

RefChat Addict
My Fox 40 whistle got wet last week and now it's ruined. The pea has grown and the whistle is now for the bin.

Does anybody know where you can buy a Fox 40 striker? I've googled and got nowhere.

If these whistles are gone can anybody recommend a pea whistle. I do not like pealess as they always sound tinny and you cannot vary the blast as easy.

Thanks in advance.

The Referee Store
the reason you are having problems with pealess whistles, you are not blowing it properly google hary milas he has got
a great tutorial on you tube

the reason you are having problems with pealess whistles, you are not blowing it properly google hary milas he has got
a great tutorial on you tube
When I first started using a pealess whistle I found it really hard to use. It's definitely a totally different technique. Until you get it the sound can be totally wrong. The first game I was getting some really strange looks!

I've still got a couple of pea whistles that I take on the pitch with me in case there's confusion with someone on the pitch next door using a similar tone whistle to mine, but I have never had to use them in almost 20 years. I'm not sure I'd be happy using one of them now!

My Fox 40 whistle got wet last week and now it's ruined. The pea has grown and the whistle is now for the bin.

Does anybody know where you can buy a Fox 40 striker? I've googled and got nowhere.

If these whistles are gone can anybody recommend a pea whistle. I do not like pealess as they always sound tinny and you cannot vary the blast as easy.

Thanks in advance.

It may be worth getting used to using a pealess whistle as I suspect you will struggle to get promoted using a pea one, and certainly can't see you getting beyond L5 or L4 at the best. You'll get comments about sounding like a school teacher or train guard .. :)

I've been a level 5 / class 1 for many, many years and promotion is not something i am interested it.

I'm used to a pea whistle and using one without i find hard to adapt to.

I've been a level 5 / class 1 for many, many years and promotion is not something i am interested it.

I'm used to a pea whistle and using one without i find hard to adapt to.

Fair enough, if you have no aims for promotion it probably makes little sense to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back