A&H

Foreign Tournaments

S

slimref

Since i've asked for this forum - suppose best put something in it!!!!!!

Where have you been to referee abroad? What was it like - would you recommend it?

I'm a veteran of Norway Cup going over for my 8th year this year. Love the tournament (and the women!!!) great crack few years ago there were some prats from Norway ruin the fun but generally a very good crowd and great experiences.

I've also been fortunate enough to goto USA Cup in 2000 with a 17th year old Stuart Attwell! AVC Cup at Sportitalia, Bologna, Italy. A small tournament ran by Stevenage Borough in 2007.

This year i'm going to Copa Catalunya to venture out and also taking over 5 lads from my centre of excellence in Bedfordshire to ESFF, Disneyland Paris.

The Referee Store
No been abroad to referee, unless you coun't going over to Engald, but I'm sure Dommer OFK will clarify weather that count for me again :p

I am going to the Norway Cup this year tho, so I'd love to hear anything anybody has to say about it!

Was supposed to go to Norway last year but had to pull out coz of injury. Wanted to go this year, but as im getting married this august, thought it best not to, well don't want the wife to be moaning in the run up to the wedding.

I've refereed in St Andrews, does that count as abroard?

Was supposed to go to Norway last year but had to pull out coz of injury. Wanted to go this year, but as im getting married this august, thought it best not to, well don't want the wife to be moaning in the run up to the wedding.

I've refereed in St Andrews, does that count as abroard?
no cos birmingham isnt technically foreign ;-)

i have Jofus - last went up 2009 when i met u for first time.

pretty much all of them on Facebook etc - most are going back again this year. Unfortunatley i'm taking my Centre of Excellence to Disneyland Paris for ESFF there... well i say unfortunately... will get back next year!

I Refereed in Bonn (Germany) last November for ACS with Wes Linden and Ryan Atkin both FL Assistants see pictures at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2082847&id=1075568073

also going to Lisbon in June and would like to try and go to the Norway cup next time

oh Forgot going up to AYR in a few weeks time if you can call the abroad LMAO

yes wes linden and Ryan Atkin were both at The welsh International Supercup last year, they both gave a lot of valuable advice to the young referees there...

For the last two years I go abroad to Italy - last yr and Spain this ur to ref UK uni students. Amazing times!!!

If I got the chance the ref abroad in other countries with all expenses paid I would def do it again

Back