A&H

Fixture Congestion

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
I suppose its the nature of the games I do, but getting my games evenly spread just hasn't happened this season.

Had a game called off today (Visiting side's minibus broke down!) and although I am due on an U23 line tomorrow, given previous history of the pitch concerned, I'm not hopeful of that surviving the forecast rain tomorrow morning. My last game was 10th Feb.

Next game is 3rd March, & then I have 13 games in 21 days - a mixture of lines, middles, competitions and ages - bonkers!

The Referee Store
I've been lucky this season. Regular game every weekend, and the odd midweek evening game. But that's it. No congestion yet.

IN fact. Our grassroots leagues are about to finish. So, all the cup competitions have been expanded to a champions league sort of format, with mini-leagues before knock out rounds, just to have enough games to get to May!

I remember 2017, we had such bad weather I actually had this ridiculous run:

May 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th, 10th, 12th to finish the season, all in the middle. I had another game after the 12th on the 14th but I had to drop out, surprisingly, not because of injury. :p That game on May 4th I could barely run to be honest.

I've been lucky this season. Regular game every weekend, and the odd midweek evening game. But that's it. No congestion yet.

IN fact. Our grassroots leagues are about to finish. So, all the cup competitions have been expanded to a champions league sort of format, with mini-leagues before knock out rounds, just to have enough games to get to May!

I remember 2017, we had such bad weather I actually had this ridiculous run:

May 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th, 10th, 12th to finish the season, all in the middle. I had another game after the 12th on the 14th but I had to drop out, surprisingly, not because of injury. :p That game on May 4th I could barely run to be honest.
U23 line was called off as suspected.

School middle tomorrow, and then the 'run starts' - 2 lines back to back on Weds, middle Thurs afternoon with a line in the evening!

Back