A&H

Fixture Appointments

Wolfy123

I referee in a fairly large league structure but always seem to get appointed in the same couple of mid tiered divisions.
I'd love to get challenged with some tougher fixtures, has anyone had any experience with this? How did you go about asking for these. Also I've never been given a county cup fixture, is there a reason for this?
I'm on level 6-5 promotion. Cheers

The Referee Store
I referee in a fairly large league structure but always seem to get appointed in the same couple of mid tiered divisions.
I'd love to get challenged with some tougher fixtures, has anyone had any experience with this? How did you go about asking for these. Also I've never been given a county cup fixture, is there a reason for this?
I'm on level 6-5 promotion. Cheers

Leagues have specific divisions that they allocate certain level referees to.

In my local league structure when I was coming up through the ranks it was as follows:

County League Premier Division 5-4 candidates
County League Div 1 - Level 5’s and occasional 6-5 candidates
Local League Premier & Senior Divisions 6-5 candidates
Local League Junior 1 - 7-6 candidates
Local League Junior 2 and below - Level 7

Much will depend on the county and how many refs they have at each level. You should have a promotion booklet from your county FA telling you what leagues you will operate on and are eligible for observations.

Depending on how you are doing and whether they are short of referees on any given weekend, you can sometimes get bumped up a league and still observed.

I had one of my 6-5 observations on a division higher than normal and one of my 5-4 observations was on a supply league game.

As for county cups, don’t sweat it, those appointments will come in time, just keep learning and make sure your admin is 100% nailed on!

As for county cups, don’t sweat it, those appointments will come in time, just keep learning and make sure your admin is 100% nailed on!
Although if you find out who makes the appointments for County Cups and call/ mail them expressing a keen interest it will probably make their day! Don't be shy .....

Back