A&H

Fitness test

Its going to "filter" out a few this year for sure.
Me at the moment! But I have until the 14th July to get my fitness up and technique improved. Thanks for all your advice especially using your arms to propel, as I have never considered technique before.

A&H International
Morning All So did the " New " level 4 fitness test yesterday and yes the sprints were using the electronic gates. It is definitely an added pressure and more official than before. 50m in 7.5 with the whistle going once everyone crossed the line is a thing of the past. Anyway despite being over on my 2nd sprint after doing a good 1st run I managed to get the time done on my 3rd. So off now for a holiday and then into july with the pre season fixtures. Good luck to all of you over the coming few months

Morning All So did the " New " level 4 fitness test yesterday and yes the sprints were using the electronic gates. It is definitely an added pressure and more official than before. 50m in 7.5 with the whistle going once everyone crossed the line is a thing of the past. Anyway despite being over on my 2nd sprint after doing a good 1st run I managed to get the time done on my 3rd. So off now for a holiday and then into july with the pre season fixtures. Good luck to all of you over the coming few months
Congratulations. Enjoy the rest.

What was the pass rate like? Did many struggle with the gates?

Brilliant, well done

How was the 40x75m in 17 seconds?

This year we had 2 times for level 4s. 0930 group and the 1030 group. I believe there was about 6/7 who got called to one side and had to do a retake. So you had to put your foot on the line which is 1.5 metres from start gate then head down and go so very little run up. The track does help and of course your colleagues encouragement is an added bonus. I was really nervous about the sprints which probably affected my running technique. Got to say the 10 laps after the sprints running in groups of 5 didnt prove as much of an issue than in previous years even though it was around 19/20 degrees

Morning Tim being a lowly level 4 I only had to do the 2 x 40m sprints in 6.2. My 2nd attempt was 6.25 so there really is no leeway. You get below 6.2 or you go again. Some of the younger lads were recording times just over 5 seconds so they could have done the level 3 with ease. I had practised on the pathway sprinting between 2 lampposts and had the wife record my times and I was always around the 6.4/6.5 mark

Apologies Tim. The 10 laps were fine. We were in groups of 5 with each of us taking it in turns to run in lane 2. As in previous years when you hear the double beep just call out 5/4/3/2/1 so as to finish at the cone as whistle goes. Our group found the hardest bit walking slow enough during the 25 metres so as not to stand still at start cone

Apologies Tim. The 10 laps were fine. We were in groups of 5 with each of us taking it in turns to run in lane 2. As in previous years when you hear the double beep just call out 5/4/3/2/1 so as to finish at the cone as whistle goes. Our group found the hardest bit walking slow enough during the 25 metres so as not to stand still at start cone
That's really useful. I am on an interval training plan at the moment but sounds like the sprints need some practising. Somebody posted on here about the sprinting technique as well. Did you feel like you had to get that right and work on that?

Honestly my sprinting technique is like my dancing. Arms and legs all over the place. If like me you are nearer your pension in years than you are years since leaving school then using your arms properly is important. As I said above I practised several times the required distance with iphone timing so took a risk that being on a track with others would knock a few tenths off which it did. Hopefully you will not be 1st in the conveyor belt of sprints and you can watch how others do it

I also passed the L3 test yesterday in Dudley. Bit of a trek for me but I wanted to get it out the way with before going on holiday this Thursday and none of the more local venues are testing until this Sunday.
All 14 of our group passed both the sprints and interval test with no issue, however they did say that they usually see a higher pass rate on the first testing days as those who are confident of passing will pick them to get it out the way with. Those who might be struggling will wait to give themselves extra prep time.

Last year (first year) did my test asap, this year I'm working Sunday and just got back from holiday so couldn't do yesterday. I usually try and get it out the way at the start.

Looks like it's Doncaster or Leicester for me next month.

Did anyone receive any further confirmation after they'd accepted their invitation for the L4 fitness test? Got mine this weekend but haven't heard anything. Assuming everything on the original FA email is all that's required?

Did anyone receive any further confirmation after they'd accepted their invitation for the L4 fitness test? Got mine this weekend but haven't heard anything. Assuming everything on the original FA email is all that's required?
Yep. Print your blood cert. Get your blood pressure done 14 days before. And turn up to allotted test centre on the date you selected.

Back