A&H

Fitness test

Si123

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question !
Always wondered How is the fitness test for Premier league and EFL referees/AR ?
I don’t get it how some refs and AR can pass the test ( J Moss for example) !

The Referee Store
I agree, Stevie Wonder could pass it too... you can have all the kit, shirt tucked in, fit as a butchers dog, but be a car crash referee!

Learn your craft, the rest will follow!

I agree, Stevie Wonder could pass it too... you can have all the kit, shirt tucked in, fit as a butchers dog, but be a car crash referee!

Learn your craft, the rest will follow!
Yawn! We get it SF, you have an issue with shirts being tucked in... feels like.every thread at the moment has some reference to whether someones shirt is or isnt tucked in... can we not just have a shirt in or out poll and be done with it??

Yawn! We get it SF, you have an issue with shirts being tucked in... feels like.every thread at the moment has some reference to whether someones shirt is or isnt tucked in... can we not just have a shirt in or out poll and be done with it??

I agree, and will facilitate. Any further spurious reference to shirts being tucked or untucked will be deleted … :redcard:

Yes, and I would urge anyone that says you don't have to be fit to pass that to go out and try it. You have to be exceptionally fit, not just run for 12 minutes like the L4 and L3 test in England.
I actually think I would be better suited to the FIFA style test than the running, despite being able to do the running, reasonably comfortably

Yes, and I would urge anyone that says you don't have to be fit to pass that to go out and try it. You have to be exceptionally fit, not just run for 12 minutes like the L4 and L3 test in England.

Ours at grassroots is based on it... I did it last Sunday, it's tough.

Not FIFA timings though. I would have failed otherwise! :p I don't think I came close to getting sub-6 seconds for all sprints, never mind the timings for the running/walking parts...

It's easier now than it was. It is now just the two parts and there used to be the beep test, yes?
The 4k with 75/25 is much easier than doing a 18.1 beep test IMHO.

Yeah, the sprints and then the 75/25 run/walk. The FIFA timings are pretty intense.

Back