A&H

Open Age First red of the season...

Padfoot

The Persecuted One
And what a controversial one it was......

After a feisty first half between blues and reds, in which blues felt very aggrieved I hadn't dismissed a red defender for DOGSO.....attacker was heading away from goal when fouled.....I had called both captains together at half time and offered them a choice....if their players wanted to continue bitching and moaning about every decision then could go down that route, but it would mean the cards coming out and staying out. Or we could just have a game of football?

Anyway.....ended up with 6 cautions....3 a piece.

The red card......red player fouled, free kick duly given, red player has ball in hand for the FK, blue player runs past red player brushes his shoulder ever so slightly....red player slams ball down to the ground and leathers it at the blue player striking him on the top of his thighs.
Clearly deliberate attempt to strike the player with the ball.....cue all the protests of 'just taking a quick free kick ref..'

Oh, and a misconduct report for the red manager for his foul mouthed critique of my performance following the final whistle!

The Referee Store
Just because you use cards does not always mean you go looking to use them it's all about management of players unless it's nesscesary no need really to give a red

Reactions: DB
Can we have some kind of pop up message that comes up when you log in that you must click that shows you understand that ;-) means it's a joke

Can we have some kind of pop up message that comes up when you log in that you must click that shows you understand that ;-) means it's a joke

Request denied. How about using a disclaimer:

Please be aware that I am not always serious in my answers and will at times be employing humour, gentle leg pulling or generalised mirth.

Hope this helps!

Disclaimer:
Please be aware that I am not always serious in my answers and will at times be employing humour, gentle leg pulling or generalised mirth.

Disclaimer
Please be aware that I might frequent a few expletives at moderators from time to time.

Dan you are an absolute bas....I mean you're an absolute utter tw....oh you're just a shi......

Oh ******** I daren't do it!

Reactions: SM
I had called both captains together at half time and offered them a choice....if their players wanted to continue bitching and moaning about every decision then could go down that route, but it would mean the cards coming out and staying out. Or we could just have a game of football?

So, you had a first half where the players bitched and moaned about every decision (aka dissent) and you cautioned no-one? Sounds like refereeing to be popular to me...

Why's that? You have written yourself that the players were bitching and moaning about every decision (or else how could they continue to do so) and yet you failed to caution. Sounds like a clear case of refereeing for club marks to me.

Where did i say i failed to caution?

And believe me, club marks don't mean a thing to me.....in fact i get worried if they are too high....i obviously wasn't doing something right.

Where did i say i failed to caution?
This certainly seems to indicate that you hadn't cautioned in the first half.
I had called both captains together at half time and offered them a choice....if their players wanted to continue bitching and moaning about every decision then could go down that route, but it would mean the cards coming out
How many did you caution for dissent in the first half? Or were you managing the players rather than applying the laws?

Back