A&H

Ladies First Ladies Game

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
Got a Ladies game coming up on Sunday (U18), anybody got any tips (apart from not using the same changing rooms of course)?

Am I likely to see any notable differences in the game eg pace, intensity, less hard tackles?

Any tips gratefully received!

The Referee Store
Treat it like any other game, no preconceived ideas. Go out, do your thing and enjoy yourself.

One thing to be aware of - if you intend to talk them in the changing room prematch. Tell their manager before hand to expect you at a certain time and knock and wait!

And the banter is very different.

Lol!

I'll try and fight the temptation to do the prematch in the changing room and do it on the pitch instead!

Gents - you have mentioned that you must inform the manager the time in which you want to enter the changing room.

Why enter the changing room at all? That is the players area - there is no requirement, and no need for you to go in there...

I dont unless it is peeing down, but i know some refs who insist on it when I have been AR

Less nasty tackles but more careless. Can be less dissent but there's nearly always one mouthy one on each team who is normally the best player too

Really looking forward to this one.

I'm just waiting for it all to go wrong though - got two games this Sunday, an 11am kick off and the Ladies game is a 2pm kick off (only a 2 mile drive between them).

The manager from the afternoon game text yesterday to ask if I was happy to move kick off to 12pm due to a clash with one of their other teams or something, which obviously I said I can't do because of the morning game.

The reply came back 'ok, leave it with me, I'll come back to you.'

So I'm expecting they'll find somebody else to ref that game so they can K/O at 12 and my morning game is 50/50 as pitch drainage is not the best there...could end up with no game this Sunday at all!!

Would be most annoyed :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Treat it like any other game, no preconceived ideas. Go out, do your thing and enjoy yourself.

One thing to be aware of - if you intend to talk them in the changing room prematch. Tell their manager before hand to expect you at a certain time and knock and wait!

And the banter is very different.

Who talks to teams in the changing rooms before a game?

I p
What do you say to them?
i personally still do it on the pitch - 10 seconds of watch language, do my best with offside, enjoy. It ticks the box, sort of Some I know have a 2 - 3 minute spiel that they can rhyme off. Anybody listening?

Who talks to teams in the changing rooms before a game?
Didn't bother reading the whole thread, just stopped at that post :rolleyes:

As for what is said, depends on the level. Grass roots it is equipment/studs check, reminder about subs, brief them about offside (always CAR).

At slightly higher level with NARs it is just an equipment check. It depends on the referee whether it is done formally in the changing rooms or less formally as players come out.

Back