A&H

First hearing

TheLC

Hello everyone,
Had an email today asking me to attend a personal hearing, I’ve only been refereeing for 4 months so this is my first one and I’m not sure what to expect! No allegations against me or disputing a red card, but something has allegedly happened during the game but not reported to me at the time so wasn’t made aware.

The Referee Store
Nothing to worry about. Simply you will be invited into a room. There will be a panel, 2 or 3 people, the discipline officer conducting / chairing and the accused.
You'll be asked questions and then that will be it.
If you haven't reported anything then you just answer what you know. If you've reported it then stick to the facts in your report.
That sais it might be virtual so could follow a slightly different format.

Nothing to worry about. Simply you will be invited into a room. There will be a panel, 2 or 3 people, the discipline officer conducting / chairing and the accused.
If you haven't reported anything then you just answer what you know. If you've reported it then stick to the facts in your report.
Brilliant, thank you James! Bit worried when I first saw the email come through!

Most are via Zoom currently - same procedure, give accurate short replies to questions and remain calm. Nothig to worry about.

Spoke to a referee recently who attended one via Zoom. Once he gave his evidence/answered any questions, his Zoom session was ended by the host - so be aware, unless you go looking, you won't know the outcome/any punishment meted out.

Spoke to a referee recently who attended one via Zoom. Once he gave his evidence/answered any questions, his Zoom session was ended by the host - so be aware, unless you go looking, you won't know the outcome/any punishment meted out.
For the benefit of the original poster, the referee is often released/excused after giving their evidence in a personal hearing or a Zoom version, without knowing the outcome. No problem!

If you didn't see it, hear it, know it, it happens.

I had a coach send a trashcan flying on the side of the field. I was the center ref and my ARs didnt know about until after the game.

Two coaches for the next game told me after their game (I was the AR for game two, opposite side).

So, an hour passed since I gave my original game report and when I found out.

I went to the tournament hut and spoke to the head ref about reports and told what I was told, but had no original knowledge of.

Apparently, the coach was caught subsequently harming another can.

So, my report was I didn't see, know, or hear it happen. Be honest. Whatever happened to the coach, no clue. Really dont care.

Sometimes things happen out of sight and sound.

I'm no sherlock holmes but i cannot see what you can add "in person" that you could not add by a pre-arranged statement.

Maybe i'm missing something here. The OP statement suggests their answers will be "I didn't see it". Strange.

I'm no sherlock holmes but i cannot see what you can add "in person" that you could not add by a pre-arranged statement.

Maybe i'm missing something here. The OP statement suggests their answers will be "I didn't see it". Strange.
The club representatives have the facility to ask the referee questions (through the chair) so the referee may be called upon for that purpose, or it may be that the alleged incident was a forerunner leading to the red card offence (e. g. unacceptable language to an opponent) and the referee may be asked whether they were aware of the alleged initial incident.

Back