A&H

Ladies First Girls Game

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
Got my first ever girls game this weekend. U18s and evidentally very good standard of football.

Any tips for these games? My main concern is carding. Is it as expected in these games as it is in senior men's?

I'd be interested to hear your experiences in these games and what tends to happen on the pitch that may not happen as much in men's/senior!

The Referee Store
My experience is that it is not as physical and they try and pass it around more. Often I have noticed a gulf in ability within a team with some players being a damn sight better than their team mates (more noticeable than the men's game).

In terms of cards, it's exactly like the men's game. If they do something which warrants it, get the card out.

And be prepared; the banter is very different also!

It is expected , my daughter has played football at a high leve since she was 12...... and these girls train hard twice a week and play all over the place and travel hundreds of miles to away games , they all know how to play football and how to commit a good foul and how to wind up opponents so deal with it as you would any other game or they will destroy you lol

Its totally different from a mens game. Like said above there is no 'banter' as such. The games are defo less physical and tend to be much more tippy tappy passing. You tend to get one girl in the team who will scream for everything(my experience anyway) but a lot wont. Also girls do tend to be more honest i.e they all set themselves up for a corner/goalkick sometimes before you have even signaled. In terms of Dissent there tends to be much less than what comes from a 17 year old boy. Go out and enjoy it. I love doing Girls games its something different and like I said don't tend to get as much abuse.

I suppose it depends on the level of game you are doing , at the lower levels you get the odd good player and a few clumsy ones and as you move up where the allocated referees have to be level 4 or above ! this a good technical standard , obviously slower than mens but thats down to physique...... so generally back to the original point .......ref them all the same !

Only one tip. Stay away from the dressing rooms!!! (and don't do the normal thing of joining the players in the shower like you do on sat afternoon. Well you could but it'd be you last game)

Only one tip. Stay away from the dressing rooms!!! (and don't do the normal thing of joining the players in the shower like you do on sat afternoon. Well you could but it'd be you last game)
You join the players in the showers after games on a Saturday?

Reactions: ELP
Didn't say I did.

Didn't say I didn't.

TBH some places only have a communal shower and I've never had a problem.

I can't join them???? Bloody hell he never told me that!!!! Stuff this for a laugh then I've got an OA fixture I can do instead!!!

Having said that in the week when I told the missus I'd now got a game (not on duty for my normal league this week) and said yeah its a good game, premier div, good standard but on a different league..... Oh yeah its U18 girls. Her response was essentially "you can jog on mate!"

Think she knows me too well!

Explaining to my wife that I am not allowed to wear a wedding ring when refereeing ladies games.... :rolleyes: "Its in the laws of the game... no rings, even the referee!"

She is kind of overlooking the fact I am usually 10 years older than all of them.... 20 years in some cases.

Thanks for all the tips lads. T-12 hours now. Looking forward to this game big time :) will let you know how it all goes!

Well that didn't go to plan! Nice misconduct report to write now! First one of season and been on OA men's all season other than this youth girls game!!!

Once the report is done as can't share while in progress but in essence had more dissent from coach on one team than I've had all season on men's !!

was the coach male or female? - i'm guessing female from how you've written your post......tho' why she wasn't in the clubhouse making the sandwiches, we may never know, (hey, mr cummings)

Back