A&H

First game Respect handshake

Zimmyman

Right the first of my 5 games this weekend I need some advice on the respect handshake it’s under 13s but i think it’s in the league rules could anyone please run me through the procedure ie is it before the coin toss
How long before ko ! Which team shakes hand first
Thanks in advance guys

The Referee Store
In reality - when you want to do it, and whichever team you gesture to first.

Get teams to shake hands its great if the CARs do the handshake as well because that means they are there for the toss and quick breif. Lets us know how your game goes.

1. Always tell the coaches when you meet them that you'll be doing the handshake.

2. 99% of the time, they'll all be out on the pitch warming up etc - so when you do their kit check, tell them/the team captain that you'll be starting with the Respect handshake before kick off.

3. Procedure: Once they're all waiting for the match to start and you've checked everything you want/need to, stand on the centre spot, call them all in and get them to line up parallel to you in their teams, on whichever side of the field they happen to be on at that moment. (Normally facing the parents/spectators is best). Once they're all lined up, invite the home team to walk past you, shaking your hand and each of their opponents in turn, before it naturally follows that the away team shake your hand last. They'll all naturally arc back round to their side of the pitch, at which point you give a couple of sharp whistle blasts, call the Captains in and commence the toss.

Works for me .... ;):)

1. Always tell the coaches when you meet them that you'll be doing the handshake.

2. 99% of the time, they'll all be out on the pitch warming up etc - so when you do their kit check, tell them/the team captain that you'll be starting with the Respect handshake before kick off.

3. Procedure: Once they're all waiting for the match to start and you've checked everything you want/need to, stand on the centre spot, call them all in and get them to line up parallel to you in their teams, on whichever side of the field they happen to be on at that moment. (Normally facing the parents/spectators is best). Once they're all lined up, invite the home team to walk past you, shaking your hand and each of their opponents in turn, before it naturally follows that the away team shake your hand last. They'll all naturally arc back round to their side of the pitch, at which point you give a couple of sharp whistle blasts, call the Captains in and commence the toss.

Works for me .... ;):)

Nice advice thanks

Get teams to shake hands its great if the CARs do the handshake as well because that means they are there for the toss and quick breif. Lets us know how your game goes.

Will that work getting the CAR in the middle for the hand shake?

It shoiuld do if they come up with the managers if not just call hem over for the toss

Back