A&H

First game back

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
I had my first game back after a 2 season break today.

I think I had a bit of a mare. I didn’t lose control of the game, nor did I drop any huge clangers or go insane and do something that was wrong in law etc.

I just felt I was always behind play, with positioning being off, and not reading the game well.

All of this obviously presented issues where I wasn’t in the ideal position to make some decisions e.g. fouls which then lead to some match control issues, although nothing too serious.

I spoke to both managers after the game to apologise, neither were especially upset other than some claims of inconsistencies etc.

That’s it really, just a bit of a whinge, but I know what needs to be worked on next week.

The Referee Store
Good to see you back to it.

You've identified yourself what you need to work on.

I Dont know what level you reffed today but could you pick up some slower paced games to get back in the groove? Ladies/youth/lower divisional mens?

Good to see you back to it.

You've identified yourself what you need to work on.

I Dont know what level you reffed today but could you pick up some slower paced games to get back in the groove? Ladies/youth/lower divisional mens?
Thanks, it was actually good to be back.

It was a division 3 Sunday league game, so wasn’t a great standard or really fast or anything like that, I think I’m just a bit rusty.

I think I might have gone in a bit over confident, approaching it as a normal game when I should have been a bit more cautious (if that’s the right word) as it’s been so long since I’ve done a game.

Hopefully it’s like falling off a bike, and I’ll get back into my groove after a few games, I just have to have quite a lot of breaks as I can only referee when I can arrange childcare.

Back