A&H

First cherry today

Bluenarch

My RC finally got its first outing today. I was told on the course that the first time I need to use it I will say “oh ****!” but it was such an obvious second yellow that blue player just turned around and walked 😂

Glad to get that one done. I chose to ignore the same player coming back into FOP at full time to ask “are you gonna put that through, ref?”. That’s not really a matter for a further misconduct report is it? I guess it’s a bit YHTBT but would welcome a second opinion.

The Referee Store
That’s not really a matter for a further misconduct report is it?

Not really, you'll get that sometimes because there will be some referees at the bottom that don't do the admin/paperwork. Just say you're putting them in and that's that really. :)

My RC finally got its first outing today. I was told on the course that the first time I need to use it I will say “oh ****!” but it was such an obvious second yellow that blue player just turned around and walked 😂

Glad to get that one done. I chose to ignore the same player coming back into FOP at full time to ask “are you gonna put that through, ref?”. That’s not really a matter for a further misconduct report is it? I guess it’s a bit YHTBT but would welcome a second opinion.
Just say, 'it would show disrespect to you and the your league if I didn't officiate your game properly from start to finish'

No longer a virgin now.... Time for a double cherry or a mass confrontation next!!!

No, def not further misconduct, and as other said, as much as it seems a ridiculous thing to say, its kinda par for the course

I chose to ignore the same player coming back into FOP at full time to ask “are you gonna put that through, ref?”. That’s not really a matter for a further misconduct report is it? I guess it’s a bit YHTBT but would welcome a second opinion.

If he was polite and enquiring, then NO; but if he is swearing, insulting or aggressive, then YES.

the red in this post was a precursor to this weekend’s Sunday game...

one DOGSO-YC
one RC for keeper pulling down the last man
one RC for handball on the line
four other YCs
multiple players telling me not to send the second RC - sorry mate, mandatory stonewall red here!

gobshites all over the park telling me how I’ve lost control, only ones that lost control are the away team having complete brain farts defending their own goal 😂

one DOGSO-YC
four other YCs
multiple players telling me not to send the second RC - sorry mate, mandatory stonewall red here!

gobshites all over the park telling me how I’ve lost control, only ones that lost control are the away team having complete brain farts defending their own goal 😂
paraphrased both events for sake of brevity 😂

One, two and three (or is it one, one and one?) are all DOGSO. What made you brevity paraphrase two and three to a longer form of DOGSO-RC? ;)

Reactions: JH
Me first red as well. First of all many thanks for all the advice on here I really find it useful.
Today I gave a direct free kick.
The fouled player stood up and shouted ‘come on then’ to offending player. Offending player then kicked fouled player 3-4 times to the leg this resulted in a minor melee.... this was a straight red. I gave the fouled player a yellow ...... should it have been a red ?

Me first red as well. First of all many thanks for all the advice on here I really find it useful.
Today I gave a direct free kick.
The fouled player stood up and shouted ‘come on then’ to offending player. Offending player then kicked fouled player 3-4 times to the leg this resulted in a minor melee.... this was a straight red. I gave the fouled player a yellow ...... should it have been a red ?

Ask yourself, what would the fouled players red be for?

The manager argues it was abusive language and he caused the red card offence ! Surely a red for abusive language has to be a lot worse than that ?!

The manager argues it was abusive language and he caused the red card offence ! Surely a red for abusive language has to be a lot worse than that ?!

From what you type, totally agree with you, a yellow card for, adopting aggressive/actions deemed to be imflamatory/unsporting behaviour is appropriate
Struggling to see much offensive, unnecessary, yes, but be hard pushed to be offended by an encouragment to attack someone.

Sounds like you called it right.

I also gave my fist red card yesterday. First YC was for dissent by action, he kicked the ball away (this was actually the second time he had done this, first time it was petty, maybe kicking the ball 15 yards away, was warned not to be so stupid) after I gave a free kick against him. He carried on being a bit of a nuisance, giving away free kicks and constantly in my ear. The second yellow card was an easy one, he lost possession, his opponent dribbled away from him and he's recklessly tripped him up. RC.

When at the bottom level I get asked that every other game. 9 times out of 10 they know wha you're going to say but like to chance it anyway. I usually find that they just laugh it off after anyway

one DOGSO-YC
four other YCs

You will always get this in games. One thing I’ve learned is that you can have a blinder in the middle and there will still be people slating you and calling you all sorts. You can’t please everyone. Seem a like you made the right call though :)

Back