A&H

First adult game

joe cunningham

Got my first adult game tomorrow night (teachers from my school vs teachers from another school). Thought at first it might be a bit risky only being in my first season of Reffing and only being young but I decided to take the bite and go for it. Does anybody have any advice For me? Should I treat it the same as a junior game or differently?

The Referee Store
1) Exude confidence even if you don't feel it. Forget they are adults and you are not, you are a qualified referee and know the LOTG better than them
2) Depending on what age group you do at junior level, expect it to be a little more physical
3) You will probably get more chat from the players in an adult game than in junior games, but the upside is no parents on the sideline to complain that their little darling is being victimised by the nasty opponent who looks much older than him....
4) As its a teachers v teachers game, if any of them step out of line, hit them with the "blimey, great example you are setting, remind me to behave like that in your class...."

Apparently when I respond to these posts all I do is drag down the tone @RegalRef

I'd as the same question again as i did to another person, but risk being belittled in attempting to point people away from covering themselves in equine excrement.

Such is life - enjoy it.

Apparently when I respond to these posts all I do is drag down the tone @RegalRef

I'd as the same question again as i did to another person, but risk being belittled in attempting to point people away from covering themselves in equine excrement.

Such is life - enjoy it.

:rolleyes: :D

Such is life - enjoy it.

So you'd rather post some passive aggressive drivvle in an attempt for a bite instead?

Makes sense :rolleyes:

obviously the rules are the same as junior football lol just enjoy it bud ... its not a bad first OA game to have, teachers v teachers! least you know they won't cause any grief (lets not forget teachers, same as police officers, are always supposed to set an example even outside of school times!)

just relax, play it cool. and will be fine

Before anyone else asks, is the game sanctioned?

tumblr_o1puzpVJm41urz3l2o1_400.gif

Before anyone else asks, is the game sanctioned?

See above fish bait. :eek::rolleyes:

Such is life - enjoy it.

Acknowledged. Ignored.

Find the teacher you least like and find every reason to send them off or at least caution them!!!!!! Jokes! Have fun, enjoy it. People may disagree but I would say as they are teachers and you know that, take nothing from them in terms of dissent. They are people I professional jobs and yes they should enjoy it too but don't let it get over the top! :)

:D:D
lets not forget teachers, same as police officers, are always supposed to set an example even outside of school times!)

That's why I can't get a Vice Principal post then :rolleyes:

Any of these I ever played in were always feisty - especially if rival schools. I'm assuming it's for charity or something. Enjoy the banter but remember teachers will always get you back in the classroom!:D

As for sanctioned if your school has asked you to do it then I don't see what you've got to worry about. You're their student and during the match you'll actually be under their duty of care, not the other way round!!

Back