A&H

Favourite Whistle

Grasshopper

Level 7 Referee
Interested to know your favourite whistle and why especially for Parks football, do you prefer a lanyard or fingegrip, or simply to hold the whistle in your hand? Cheers guys.

The Referee Store
My favourite is in my avatar. Not cheap but worth every penny. Always used a lanyard, can’t get on with a finger grip.

Valkeen is my favorite but I have been using a a sonic blast for almost a year since my son 'borrowed' my Valkeen. I use the Valkeen finger grip on my sonic blast. Its much better than the fox or the ACME finger grip. I like the idea of putting the whistle in my mouth ready to blow when I write on my notepad so I can't use a lanyard doing that.

Valkeen is my favorite but I have been using a a sonic blast for almost a year since my son 'borrowed' my Valkeen. I use the Valkeen finger grip on my sonic blast. Its much better than the fox or the ACME finger grip. I like the idea of putting the whistle in my mouth ready to blow when I write on my notepad so I can't use a lanyard doing that.
Thats interesting. I like the idea of that. The only problem we'd have here is the set caution procedure whereby we have to speak to the player, advise on caution reason yada yada so its not conducive to holding the whistle in your mouth. Although i can see how a finger grip would make getting the whistle back a lot quicker if required.

last week i saw one of the premiership referees, graham scott i think it was, using a fox 40, attached to one of the elasticated wristlets

Hmm, the Valkeen is an awesome whistle, but for some reason that I’m not too sure of recently I’ve been sticking to fox 40 classic cmg on a wrist lanyard.

Thats interesting. I like the idea of that. The only problem we'd have here is the set caution procedure whereby we have to speak to the player, advise on caution reason yada yada so its not conducive to holding the whistle in your mouth. Although i can see how a finger grip would make getting the whistle back a lot quicker if required.
That is generally not an issue for me as I don't talk to players and write notes at the same time. But if I have to then the grip stays on my finger obviously.
TBH the habit came from futsal where the game is faster pace and you have to take notes more often.

That is generally not an issue for me as I don't talk to players and write notes at the same time. But if I have to then the grip stays on my finger obviously.
TBH the habit came from futsal where the game is faster pace and you have to take notes more often.
...futsal + finger grip means whistle in mouth for me during some counts and signals... as I don't like to change hands...

ACME Thunderer, I think is what I use. Plastic.

I do have a Fox 40, but I couldn't hear it, so I use the Thunderer since it has the pea, and I rely on that to detect if it is working or not. :D

Might give the Fox 40 another go though.

I use lanyard, mine's pretty lengthy and I tend to switch between hands frequently. Never tried the finger straps or anything like that though.

ACME Thunderer, I think is what I use. Plastic.

I do have a Fox 40, but I couldn't hear it, so I use the Thunderer since it has the pea, and I rely on that to detect if it is working or not. :D

Might give the Fox 40 another go though.

I use lanyard, mine's pretty lengthy and I tend to switch between hands frequently. Never tried the finger straps or anything like that though.
the fox 40 takes time to learn to blow properly, when you have learned how to use it properly it is much better/louder than a pea whistle, try you tube for instructional clips

Back