A&H

Fame at last - sort of

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Not sure if anyone is aware but from next season referees under 16 years old have to create a 'Parent/Guardian' relation in Whole Game. Doesn't apply to me (obviously!) but from e mail Herts FA sent me, seems to involves creating a FAN for parent/guardian and linking them with the young referee.

In the email there is a tutorial showing how to do this and here's where I come in, the FAN they have used as an example is mine!!!!!!!

How random is that? I thought they would have used 1234567 or some such!

The Referee Store
Not sure if anyone is aware but from next season referees under 16 years old have to create a 'Parent/Guardian' relation in Whole Game. Doesn't apply to me (obviously!) but from e mail Herts FA sent me, seems to involves creating a FAN for parent/guardian and linking them with the young referee.

In the email there is a tutorial showing how to do this and here's where I come in, the FAN they have used as an example is mine!!!!!!!

How random is that? I thought they would have used 1234567 or some such!
The email has extracted your FAN number from the database and inserted it into only your email :dead: :) ;)

My email has my FAN number and so does everyone else's. Unless we're both million to one shots haha

:oops::p ah I see, but 'system' not clever enough to insert my/your name though?

Don't have a day job any more - I'm blaming it on retirement brain:rolleyes:

:oops::p ah I see, but 'system' not clever enough to insert my/your name though?

Don't have a day job any more - I'm blaming it on retirement brain:rolleyes:
Easy one to fall for. I work in IT and know how these bulk emails extract variables (like names & numbers) from a database

Back