A&H

Fa core?

A111

Level 7 Referee
Hi everyone
I’ve just 17 still playing football u18 midweek and ready to go for 7-6(as advised)reffed a few adult games went well but mainly reffed youth (saw my marks from home and away from my county actually impressed and surprised😂😂😂) it’s been such a season for me too from bad at the start to getting to ref a semi final and be a 4th official at a final also which goes with this is that I do assistant referee on the combined counties premier division and division 1(step 5 and 6 league) so I’ve got experience from more senior referees in which I thought has helped me
I’ve been selected for the FA Core programme which I still don’t know about as this is my first season(if someone can explain what that means that’ll be appreciated?)
But the whole point is
Since it’s the end of the season and there’s going to be friendly games upcoming soon
Is there a possibility I will be able to be an official to a game(as an assistant obviously) where I get to wear microphone comms as I really want to try that out if there’s a chance to feel what it’s like wearing them

Last edited:
The Referee Store
They are only used at step one and above (National League Premier), and I think WSL. So you would only get to use them if you did a friendly with a referee at those levels, pretty much impossible for a L7.

They are only used at step one and above (National League Premier), and I think WSL. So you would only get to use them if you did a friendly with a referee at those levels, pretty much impossible for a L7.
I was lucky to do a friendly with a fifa listed lady referee between two u23 lady teams. Unfortunately, the referee didn’t know she had natural AR’s so didn’t bring her comms kit or buzzer flags etc. But still a great experience

I was lucky enough to be appointed to a County Cup QF between 2 of the ‘big teams’ and our RDO was the referee.

He’s also a Football League official and leader of the SW arm of CORE.

I very much doubt I’d have been selected had I not been part of FA CORE but it is a very rare occurrence and ultimately comes down to how many referees in your region operate at a high enough standard to have comms.

Back